Chapter 2 - Paisen

I always think of the word Paisan for Italian Native. I've had to adjust. But I hope everyone is adjusting well to this short series.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The girls the next day were at lunch as the four of them grabbed a table. There was the usual gossip going around. Who likes who, tests coming up, who is smart and/or dumb as a rock, and latest news and trends taking place. Then the conversation went to a standstill when Nagatoro was bringing up the Senpai from yesterday. A little flustered, but could be a real animal. 

"So what was he all about? You like the shy guy?" Asked Gamo-chan.

"Shy guy!" Teased Yoshi.

"You would know more than us. So what's his story? He seemed scared that the four of us where there. I haven't seen him around. He nice at least?" Asked Sakura.

"He's a baseball player that couldn't get his grades up to play. So now he's got to study and try to get his grades back up so he can get back to the field. Nothing more. He was embarrassed  being there. When you can't play because of your grades, it's a failure." Nagatoro shook her head. "Nice guy and all. Like flirty though..."

"Oh really? Two play that game. What happened Toro?" Asked Sakura.

"Ummm, I'm meeting him there again today. I don't know what to think." Nagatoro shook her head.

"Maybe I can comfort him." Suggested Sakura.

"Uhhh- why?"

"Some motivation and keeping company. It could help." Sakura was a tease. Knowing how to flirt and knowing the people that got flustered. Nagatoro was a similar type, but she couldn't have someone flirt with her. She would blush and mentally just lose it. 

"I'm the one that will help him pass." Insisted Nagatoro.

"Alright. We'll give her a day or two." Gamo-chan waved her off. As if...

~~~~~

Kuchi walked into the library and took the same seat as he did yesterday. He ended up being a little early. There was no one inside outside the librarian reading at the front counter. With that said he got out his first subject that was going to consume most of his time. The one that was the reason on why he was there in the first place.  

As he started to scratch in a few answers of one of his worksheets. That's when the door opened and it caused gossip and cackling along with it. Something told him that everyone was going to flood in. He was expecting Hayase, but it sounded like all four showed up. He planned to hide his face behind a book as they got to the table directly next to him. He saw Hayase with Gamo-chan, Yoshi, and Sakura. Once he saw all four get near him he put the book down.

"Good afternoon ladies. And Hayase." He winked at them.

"Eh?" Nagatoro was beside herself. Being so forward right out of the gate. Her friends wondering how they got to a first name basis. It was crazy. Which they were going to take full advantage of. 

"Paisen. You two are on first names huh?"

"Kuchi (FN). Have a seat ladies."

"So, how are have you and her gone?" Asked Gamo-chan.

"She knows her place." He smirked.

"Gross." Nagatoro shook her head.

"Pervert Paisen." Smirked Gamo-chan.

"Pervert." Put in Yoshi.

"Not at all. Actually, she's the instigator. Not me. I'm trying to work so I'm not here all year. Got it?"

"Or hear all night. Say it ain't so Nagatoro." Sakura grinned at her.

"Anyways, you almost done with it?" Asked Nagatoro to Kuchi.

"Halfway Hayase. I only just started. Give me a break here. I'm sure you got assignments."

"Touche." Nagatoro ended up getting out a subject and looked over at Yoshi. "I know you're not great a math. May want to handle that."

"Yeah..." Gamo-chan wasn't one to talk either. Not too hot on her end too.

"Well then. Study group so we don't have makeup work and we get the hell out of here to a diner before we pack it in?" Kuchi proposed an idea for everyone.

"You know, not a bad idea..." Sakura leaned over towards Kuchi and saw his answers. "You're so harsh on yourself. You're not stupid Senpai."

"Nope. Like I said, one bad test. It's just harder to recover is all. So big deal. Just aiming to pass this and go from there.

Nagatoro glared at Sakura. Deep within her soul. Just glaring at her until she sat down. Afterwards felt much better. But why? There was something so confusing. Between Nagatoro not liking the girls being around Kuchi and then the fact that if she has someone hit on her she practically wants to ball up or run away.

"What are you thinking about?" Huffed Nagatoro to Kuchi.

"Of what's hot." She winked at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah. The food."

"Ehhh..."

Gotcha. Karma Nagatoro. It's like messing with baseball players. Mind games come both sides. A little reverse psychology. Cute when your flustered though girl. Keep it right up.

"Hot food." Chimed Yoshi.

"Yup. Right after we're done. About sunset. Not too bad right?" Kuchi was calling the shots and all the girls were down for it. But Nagatoro didn't like that her friends were so flirty with Senpai Kuchi.

"You still working out?" Pondered Gamo-chan.

"At home I do what I can. That's about it." He shrugged and got back to the books.

"Since I'm the only one here passing I  guess I'll get to it and help anyone. Though test time we all have to do better. Ain't that right girls? Senpai?"

"Right Hayase." Nodded Kuchi.

Eep! I will need time for me to get used to that. What do the girls think? And what do they plan on doing to him? I want to know. I don't want to hurt him. Play with him is one thing, but have him get attached so they can hurt him is another.

"Right Hayase? Or are you saying you are one of your friends are hotter than the food?"

"You think I'm hotter than the food. Pervert." She giggled.

"Well Sakura currently puts a lot of time into her look."

Okay Senpai. If that's how it's going to be, you're not going to like it.

~~~~~

Hotter than the food? I don't know.

-Rel