Chapter 9

Two knocks on my door make me finally open my eyes. I've been awake for a while but the headache is not letting me up. I have no idea what time it is. Struggling, I get off the bed and realize I am wearing the same clothes from the day before and I still have my make up on, fucking great. There's 2 more knocks on the door before I open it.

"Good morning Mrs. Holland, this is for you." She hands me a tray with fresh fruit, a pill and orange juice. "Mr. Holland said if you can go to his office when you have a chance."

"Yes thank you Mary." I say to the maid and she walks away. I close the door and walk back to my bed. I eat a little bit of the fruit before taking the pill, I hope it helps with the headache. I jump in the shower after removing my make up and get ready to go and see what my joyful husband wanted from me this time. I walk towards Tom's office and see the house is full of men. There even seems to be new faces? There is so much activity, I guess this is how a Monday is at a mafia house.

I knock the door of the office before opening it. Tom is sitting behind the desk and Harrison across from him, but when I walk in, he stands up and walks next to Tom.

"You called me?" I ask and he nods and points at the chair in front of him. I roll my eyes and sit down.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. How am I feeling? Horrible but why is he asking? "With the hangover?" He adds.

"I- I'm," I try to speak but I'm stuck. How does he know I got drunk last night? Damn you Jacob.. "How do yo-"

"How do I know you got drunk last night? First, nothing happens in this house without me knowing, second how do you think you made it to your room?"

"Walking?"

"Right," he chuckles. "I had to carry you, I put you bed, took off your shoes. So you're welcome." He says and I'm am sure my face turned completely red. How embarrassing.

"Well thank you dear Tom, you should've taken off my make up too since you were already doing charity." I sarcastically say earning a chuckle from Harrison and a glare from Tom.

"I called you here because I have a wedding gift for you." He says and I scoff. What present could he possibly have for me? My eyes open widely when I see him take my cellphone out from a drawer and places it on the desk in front of me.

"I'm getting back my phone?" I question with a little bit of excitement on my tone.

"No," he says firmly and all the happiness i felt for a second is gone. "You get to make one call." He adds.

"One call?"

He nods. "Just one."

"Why can't i keep it?" I question.

"Hope, I'm trying to be on good terms here please don't push it."

I grab the phone quickly before he chances his mind. I have lots of missed calls from my dad, Diego, Mar, my house number and even other number I don't recognize. I go to my contacts and choose a person to call.

"Hope oh my gosh," I hear Mar say before she starts bombing me with questions in Spanish. Tom takes the phone of my hand and puts it on speaker. And he mouths me the word "English" as in having Mar speak English since she keeps going off in Spanish.

"Mar," I try to cut her off but she continues. Tom has his eyes on me as I struggle to get my best friend to stay quiet. "Mar," I say one more time a little bit louder, doesn't work. "Mariana!" I finally yell at the phone and she stops.

"Que, qué pasó?" She says in Spanish and Tom mouths "English" one more time.

"Um, can you speak English?"