Chapter 10

The royal brothers truly enjoyed watching other people cause trouble for Mason to please them. They didn't have to work hard to show their hatred for Mason anymore. Other kids who wanted to gain their attention and favour in the future would do it for them. But Mason also wasn't the easiest to deal with.

When he knew he was in the minority and at a disadvantage he immediately thought of a plan. He just shouldn't appear before them when the teachers or staff members were absent. How much ever these brats wanted to please the princes, they couldn't in front of adults. So Mason began to hide.

During lunch, after school, in between class or during intervals, Mason tried his best to stay invisible. Ofcourse this didn't work out always and Mason was bullied too much when he was caught because it angered the bullies that they couldn't get ahold of him easily.

Zilon offered to help him repeatedly but Mason forced him again and again to act like strangers in front of others, since the bullies could turn their knives against Zilon if they knew, he was his friend. Mason's hiding skills were too good that even Zilon couldn't find Mason at times. But they always spent time during lunch in an old store room which was built next to the terrace and was claimed to be 'haunted'.

The horror story was quite ridiculous but nevertheless scary. But atleast they found a safe hiding spot.

"Zilon is actually really nice. He tells me to stick around him at all times and come to him anytime if something goes wrong. He doesn't talk much but he's really sweet. He looks really good too, brother Max. I need to draw a potrait of him one day."

"Could you just stop talking about that Zine boy? I'm really not interested in him and its starting to get on my nerves."

"It's Zilon, brother Max. Z-I-L-O-N."

"That's what I said, 'Zine'."

"Brother Max!!!"

"Stop whining and get out of bed. You've been lying there all day."

"But I'm tiredddd."

"Tired doing what? Breathing? Get up and do something. Like learning to use a sword or something. When I was your age I could already weild a sword."

"That's because brother Max is a genius and I'm not. But I'm up for learning sword fighting. It looks so cool when brother Max does it."

"Cool? Is that a compliment or an insult?"

"Compliment, now teach me to use a sword."

Mason dragged Marcus to his usual practice ground with so much vigor and excitement that even Marcus started to feel excited.

Only after reaching there, they found out that both of them weren't on the same page. Mason wanted to hold a real sword while Marcus wanted to teach him using a wooden sword. After arguing for a while, Marcus gave in to Mason's cute pouty and sulking face. This brat's real weapon is his age and face, he's too cute. *face palm*

Marcus massaged his wrinkles and told Mason he could hold the sword for a while with his help. He also repeatedly warned him about the weight of the sword. Mason felt that his brother was worrying too much and was determined to show him how strong he actually is.

"Brother Max, you just watch."

Marcus laughed and then sighed. He took out his sword and carfully placed it in front of Mason. Mason moved to take ahold of the sword but the sword wasn't moving.

"Brother Max, don't hold the sword so tightly."

Marcus loosened his grip on it slightly and Mason felt the weight of the sword. He became confident after two minutes and asked Marcus to release the sword completely.

After Mason's repeated requests, Marcus told him to hold it firmly and finally let go of the sword at once.

Mason who was acting all high and mighty, in the next second was dragged down along the sword to the ground. The sword fell to the ground with a loud clang but before Mason could face plant onto the sword and cause a tragedy, a hand swiftly swept him off his feet and lifted him up. All of this happened in a matter of seconds that Mason was still not sure about what just happened.

After coming back to his senses, Mason turned to look at the person who was carrying him and exclaimed, "Brother Max, that sword was heavy."

"The sword isn't heavy, you're just too weak. It's not that surprising considering that you're lighter than the sword.", said Mikhail, the second brother of Mason, with a cold face.

Mason blankly stared at him and then blinked. As if he just came back to life after blinking, he squirmed his way out of Mikhail's arms and rushed to stand behind Marcus. Mikhail's chest felt a bit painful at Mason's actions. I just saved him from death's door ah.

Mason felt like he was being too much of a coward in front of Mikhail but he was not to be blamed. How brave do you expect him to be, in front of a giant that hates you ah?!!!

Originally all the members of the Rodolite family were really tall, except for his mother Anne and Mason himself (who was only 12 years old currently). Among the Rodolites, his father and brothers looked quite intimidating but Mikhael was to another level.

His face was mostly expressionless and his eyes always displayed hostility. He participated in a war at the age of 17, as the Major General and came back to his hometown only a few months ago, after 3 years of war. He was promoted to the position of the Lieutenant General because of the number of casualities he caused to the enemy country. His witty stratagem also made the higher ups look at him with eyes of exaltation. Initially no one had any good opinion when the king placed a 17-year old boy as the Major General but the results proved conversely. After all he was personally trained and taught by the strongest person in the kingdom, Sir Lucas Aheizer, the First Class General, from the age of 10.

Mikhail was still watching Mason as if he was expecting something, whereas Mason only felt dread filling his heart, sensing Mikhail's eyes staring into his soul.

Marcus who saw Mason's uneasiness, spoke with his eyes to Mikhail, 'You pushed me when I was about to help him and caught him instead and now you're acting like his sole saviour? Bastard.'

There's was a invisible spark of fire when both the big brothers' eyes met.