Acceptance

Romeo could see the girl shaking and holding the boy's hands.

With hands on her shoulder, the boy was trying to comfort her.

"What an irony!!" Romeo thought to himself,

"That comfort was actually the reason for her discomfort!" Romeo's mind simply concluded.

Was there any need for argument in his court? Of course not!

There were new members in his compartment with a new station. A couple who just ran away from their homes to be together. Romeo looked at their clothes, it was quite clear they were from a nearby village.

Radha was of a lower caste.

Everyone wanted them to leave each other

So, they left everyone

Romeo handed a bottle of water to her.

Well...that's humanity, the judgment was just being human!

She took a sip and returned with gratitude in her eyes.

She didn't say anything, but her eyes did.

She just wanted to be accepted and loved that's all it said.

"Aren't we all just want to be accepted?" Romeo thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 years ago

Two months after Prem left the school

Romeo still looked at his landline frequently throughout the day. What if he calls?

Whenever there was a call he would run to it as if his life depended on it.

The number he had of his mother didn't work.

"They must have lost their phone." He would think to himself but never lose hope.

Whenever he opened his Facebook or Instagram, he would search for his name.

But Prem wasn't there, he never was a social media person.

Every Monday after school he visited the nearby post office to see if there was any letter for his name.

What could have happened, he wasn't able to conclude.

"Why will he do this to him?" This thought made him cry for several days.

This broken behaviour of Romeo wasn't really understood by his parents, they would shout at him for being such a crybaby. They were tensed why can't he just move on?

He stopped talking about Prem to his friends too, they used to laugh at him and call him gay.

"Gay", he didn't really understand the meaning of it, at that age but he knew it was something really bad.

So, after the word was thrown at him a lot of times, he searched the internet.

He wasn't sure but he felt like he was.

The amount of hate he saw in his friends' eyes scared him to his core and he decided he would change it and if it can't be changed he will hide it.

One year from then when he concluded he couldn't really change "what he feels", "how he feels" and "for whom he feels" he broke.

And there was no one to help him to place those broken pieces again.

He wished Prem was there.

That day he started writing.

He would write of being alone, of being broken, and of the times he was with Prem.

Writing mended him.

He loved his diary time, 'cause it never complained nor laughed.

It felt like the diary accepted him and loved him.

And don't we all just want to be accepted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romeo remembered his past and he smiled at the couple.

He told them that the ticket collector just passed this coach a few minutes ago, so they didn't have to worry.

He gave them his seat to rest for some time and went ahead with his luggage to see if he could find any vacant place to sit.