nineteen

The cold air still filled the school, but it could never take the warmth from the group that surrounded the gryffindor common room fire. James and Eloise never mentioned the kiss, but neither of them regretted it. Sirius and Remus were closer than ever, and with Valentine's Day round the corner Mila was helping plan the perfect date for them.

After other preparation was done the madrake leaf was in Eloise's mouth and would be staying there for another 2 weeks. She hated it but for Remus she'd do anything.

"Okay so you're telling me you think that heroes is the best David Bowie song?" Eloise questioned Sirius.

"Yes! It's a fucking masterpiece! You're out here saying life on Mars is better than Heroes!" Sirius laughs.

"Because it is! It's a bloody beautiful song."

"But we can all agree that queen is better yeah?" James says.

"He's not wrong."

"Yeah that's about right."

Remus looked up from his current novel. "You lot hurt my fucking brain."

"Love you too Rem." Eloise says giving him a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Okay I'm going to bed we have to be up early tomorrow for DADA."

"What's happening in DADA?" Peter asks.

"We are doing boggarts again." James says excitedly.

Eloise woke up brushed through her hair, brushed her teeth and put her uniform on. She practically skipped to the hall.

"Why are you so cheery?" Marlene yawned after asking Eloise, it's a Monday morning and everyone else looked sleepy.

"Boggart day bitches!" Lily says also extremely excited for Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"We get to find out or deepest darkest fears, but the spell is so much fun." Eloise explains.

"Want me to be honest?" Marlene asks and the other two girls nod. "This boggart lesson will be so much more scary than third years, not to bring it up but there's a war right now, people are terrified and probably don't want to see their fears."

"I didn't think of it like that but you're right, my biggest fear once was spiders but god knows what it'll be now!" Eloise panics.

"Just breathe, whatever we see we will see together."

When the entire group gets to the classroom they already formed a line, James and Eloise went close to the back.

"You okay?" James turned her by her waist so she looked at him.

She nods and smiles, even though inside she is freaking out.

"Look whatever you see, it isn't real Els, try not to panic when you're up there okay?"

"I'll try, I'll be okay." Eloise reassures James.

There were many fears from severed hands, to dead parents, to you-know-who himself, but Eloise was dreading hers because she knew what it would be.

And there she was stood ready to go up there.

So she did showing no fear.

The first thing she saw was James smiling at her, then all of a sudden a green light flew at him knocking him to the ground, leaving him dead. Then she saw Sirius finding him scream crying. Then she saw herself laid on a section of grass with blood matting her long flowing blonde hair.

The thing she noticed was that her and James were both dead but not together.

Her biggest fear was dying without him.

"Riddikulus!" Eloise shouted through a shaking voice.

The lesson Eloise was excited for ended with her regretting every second of it.

When she left the classroom she fell into a ball onto the floor against the wall, James ran to her.

"I don't want to lose you James, ever."

"You never will, you will always have me, Els."

He planted a soft kiss on her forehead, picked her up off the floor and helped her to the next lesson of the day.

He just wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be okay, but the truth was he didn't know if it would be.

What he could do was be there for her, and she would be there for him because they knew all they needed was each other.

The only thing that mattered was the two of them and their friends.

If this day made them realise anything it was that James and Eloise were infinite.

A/N

Ello!

I should probably have another chapter tomorrow maybe even tonight I'll see how i feel!