One Wish

...

A girl with frizzy dark hair, her eyes looked tired and her dark circles were deep. 

"Sweetie, let's eat!" A woman's voice said aloud, as the girl pushed back her chair and stood up. She left the table that was full of books and pens that were scattered everywhere. 

She closed the door behind her, as she went down the stairs to eat with her mother.

At the dining table, her parents were infront of her as they ate dinner.

"How was today's test sweetie?" They ask.

"I probably passed." She replies.

She slammed the table, making the girl flinch... "Probably?! Is that how you answer your parents? We worked hard to give you a comfortable life. Do you know how hard it is to earn money? How will you survive the cruel world?" 

"The grades aren't out yet." The girl replied, as she slowly lost appetite.

Her mother sighed, "how was your work honey?" she asks her husband.

They soon talk about work...

The girl stood up, with her plate barely touched. "I'm going to study." she said.

"Aren't you going to finish your meal?" Her father said.

"I'm not hungry." She replied.

"That's fine, you've been gaining alot of weight lately. Go to your room now." Her mother said.

As the girl turned to go back to her room.

...

She rested on her desk, glancing at her calendar that was filled with busy schedules.

With a soft sigh, she sat up and stared at her desk.

Her phone vibrated, after grabbing it, her home screen was filled with texts from her school groupchats.

"Photo was sent."

"We're having so much fun!"

"Let's do this again haha!"

"laughing_emoji"

She immediately turned off her phone and placed it on her desk.

It's always been like this, she was always stuck in her room studying. If she were to go out, it was because of extra classes.

Her mother forbade her from going out with "schoolmates" because they would corrupt her. 

One time, she asked if she could go out, and even insisted. But her mother locked her in her room until she took back what she said.

It's truly exhausting.

Her mother wanted her to be someone smart and rich... is what she said.

She wished to go to bed, so she stood up and went to it, but instead fell over.

"ow..." she rubbed her ankle, a box that was standing out in her messy room was there.

She went on and opened it, to reveal a dusty book. She grabbed it, and blew on the dust. The front of the book was different colored and styled letters that spelled out...

G R A C E Y  T H E  A N G E L

Her face brightened.

Gracey the Angel was written by her a few years ago. During this time, she suffered from anxiety and could only relax trough writing.

In order to get passed this time, she wrote a story about a commoner girl who moved into the royal capital and earned the hearts of stunning men.

The girl quickly hopped to bed to read the book.

Gracey was called an angel, because she was able to comfort and save those who are with her...but were they ever truly saved?

All of the characters in the story had their own backgrounds. Some had it hard, and Gracey was able to break them free from pain.

Well in actuality, Gracey simply comforted them. Made them feel like they were loved and they were not alone. But their problems weren't really solved. They simply ignored the real problem and simply chased after Gracey.

After reading the book, she felt nostalgic. Yet, apologetic. Even in the story, she had her characters run away from the problem...just like her.

She placed the book under her pillow incase her parents found it, grabbed the glass pill bottle that was placed on a small drawer on the side of her bed.

As she poured a bit of the pills onto her palm, til a loud shout startled her making her pour out more pills than she needs.

"Why are you being like this?!" Her mother shouted outside of her room.

"You're a crazy woman!" Her father responded with a louder voice.

"Me?! Crazy?! I'm just doing what your daughter deserves!" She screams.

"What kind of mother are you!? You're manipulating your child into doing what you want!" He says.

She slaps him.

"Shut up. You're mother wouldn't be happy if she heard you right now." Her mother walks away, slamming their bedroom door.

She felt hurt from the fight outside her room.

Just as she was about to drink her pills, she noticed a few more pills that weren't supposed to be there.

"I'd rather...die." she mumbles to herself. And swallows it all, soon gulping down the glass of water beside her.

She laid down on her bed, looking up the ceiling. Recalling all of the things that happened, she couldn't help but tear up.

"I'm exhausted." She said to herself.

She closed her eyes, as tears flowed down... 'Please...just let this all stop.' She wished.

...

Someone knocked on the door, she woke up pretty quickly due to the fact her mother would scold her if she didn't.

She rubbed her eyes, to notice she was in a different room.

It was bigger, cleaner, and the things were definitely out of date. 

'What is this a medieval era? Where am I?' She thought.

She wore an undergarment dress that reached her knees, and comfortable sleeves that reached her wrists. 

A woman came in, wearing what maids would wear, "My lady, breakfast has been served." 

My lady? She tilted her head, "Who are you?" she said.

"P-pardon?" The maid was startled.

She got off the bed, and walked around, until she stopped infront of the mirror.

She froze, "WHAT?!?!" as she shouts out loud.

'W-who..??!!' She thought.