Part 40

Arnav "What?"

Sham "Aree Saala Sahab why are you getting worked up. It's been a long time since I and my wife have stayed here. I don't want to be a burden on anyone anymore. I will take good care of Rani Sahiba and she will be happy there. I have already discussed it with her."

Anjali "yes Chote,I think it's a good idea. One of the reasons for my not going earlier was you. I did not want to leave you alone. But now that Bhabhi is here to take care of you I think I can go with him. As it is he is travelling so much that I hardly get time to spend with him."

Arnav was too shocked to speak. He knew instantly that it was some kind of a plan, but was not able to do anything about it.

Naniji "Sham beta, that's ok but don't you think it would be better if you get some job here itself. You can buy a new house here and shift there with Anjali. I understand that you are a self made man and do not like to take obligations from others."

Sham"I have tried here, but I think Mumbai would be better."

Khushi had remained silent all this while. She immediately understood his plan. She saw Arnav, his face was itched with tension and anger. She goes and stands behind him and places her hands on his shoulders.

Arnav looks up at her, but she avoids looking at him and says to Anjali "Oh wow! What an idea? Di,think of the lovely beaches and the vast green sea and the bollywood actors. Wow. It would be so much of fun. Arnavji can we go and visit them once they are settled there."

Arnav's eyes widen in shock."Khushi?" but before he could finish Khushi continues "when are you planning to leave." She tightens her grip on his shoulders wanting him to be quiet.

Sham was not expecting this reaction from her. He had thought that everyone would ask him to stay and he would grudgingly oblige them and then put the next part of his plan into action. But this was too much "we will leave on Monday morning. They would have arranged the flat and the car by then".

Khushi "Di you are so lucky."

Arnav could not tolerate it any longer and goes to his room in anger.

After sometime Khushi follows him to his room. She goes inside and locks the door.

Arnav bursts out "Khushi what was that? Don't you know that its...?"

Khushi "shshsh first calm down" she hands him a glass of water which he throws. The glass breaks into pieces. Khushi bends over to pick it up. He could not take it anymore and pulls her up with a jerk.

Khushi cuts her hand in the process "ouch"

Arnav immediately looks at the wound and forgets his anger. He lifts her hand and takes her to the bathroom to clean the blood. He then makes her sit on the bed and puts a band aid on it."Khushi,are you ok. Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you."

Khushi "I know and I am perfectly fine." She grins at him.

Arnav surprised on seeing her grin "Khushi what was that for?"

Khushi "you were not ready to listen to me and were shouting on top of your voice. Did you realize that someone could have heard you. If I would have tried talking to you in that mood of yours you would have got even wilder and would have blurted out everything. I am sorry for doing this."

Arnav stares at her in amazement "you did this deliberately to make me listen to you"

Khushi"do you ever give me a chance to talk to you without getting mad at me."Arnav"but you have got hurt."

Khushi "oh, its nothing, I'll be fine in a minute once you hear me out, and that too quietly without shouting." He just stares at her. She takes his hands and makes him sit next to her.

"Arnavji listen to me carefully. This is exactly what he wants. He has no intentions of leaving this place. He cannot. He is like a parasite who feeds on others wealth. If he goes from here he would be nothing and would not have anything to survive on. I think his plan is to convince everyone that he is leaving because of his self respect. Naniji said exactly that and you too reacted in the most expected way. Everyone knows that you love Di and would not want her to go anywhere. This is what he was playing on-everyone's emotions. You would offer him anything to keep him here and he would get what he wants. Sorry to say but Di is totally smitten by him and would believe everything that he says. She loves you too and would be in a fix. But because of our marriage she too would agree to go with him. And that is exactly what he wants. Everyone agreeing to their moving to Mumbai, except you. But since you take all the decisions here and love your Di you would not let him go and he wins. So it will all fall down on you and you would be under his obligation and give him everything that he wants." He just stares at her, unblinkingly, unable to believe what he was hearing

"yes Arnavji, this is his plan. Now stop staring at me and tell me if I am wrong"

Arnav "Khushi"

Khushi "yes Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, caught on the wrong foot"

Arnav "shutup"