13. Day One

A/N: Hi friends! Happy pride! You are fierce and you are loved. Thank you for being here and being you, I wish I could give you all of the love in the world!

Warnings: Discussions of murder/stabbing, being framed, wrongful imprisonment, memory loss, being drugged/drugs, blood, kissing, masturbation (male), face sitting/oral sex (female receiving), hand kink, cumplay, holding the neck with light pressure (but not quite choking), some praise, daddy kink

Chapter Summary: Spencer's sabbatical officially begins, and it starts with a difficult discussion.

Word Count: 6.5k

----------------------------------------

There was something different about the way your body rose from its slumber that morning, but you were still too sleepy to put your finger on it. As your mind slowly kicked into gear, your senses gradually informing you of the sensations, sights, sounds, and smells around you, you were able to put your finger on just what was so different about this morning.

The first clue you were given was the feeling of a warm figure partially tucked underneath you. Your body felt warmer than usual, the heat beside you keeping your own body heated, which was draped across it. You could feel the steady rise and fall of your limbs as they moved up and down with the gentle inhales and exhales from the person beside you.

The next thing you took note of was the hair in front of your eyes as they fluttered open, making your surroundings difficult to see. With caution, so as not to disrupt them, you brushed it out of view and your eyes landed on the dark cotton fabric of a men's t-shirt. Your head was tucked into their shoulder, and you quickly recognized the sleeping form next to you to be Spencer.

There was a peaceful expression on his face, not yet awake or aware of the same things you were. He looked calm, even with his arm still bandaged and cradled in a sling. Every so often you would watch as his nose scrunched or his lips twitched, and you could only picture what kinds of things he was dreaming behind his closed eyes.

He looked so pretty in the morning light that you couldn't help but let your fingertips trail lightly over his belly, listening as his breath faltered for the smallest second. Then you heard him exhale, slow and content, as it returned to normal again.

The cars passed by below Spencer's window, the whir of their engines reminding you of where you were. It was the morning after you'd flown home with the team, and the city was already alive and at it so early in the day. Unlike the people and the cars outside, you and Spencer were busy sleeping in. It was the first official day of his sabbatical, and you were going to spend it being as lazy as you both pleased while he rested.

Spencer's skin smelled clean of soap, and you breathed it in again and again. Moreover, his sheets were pulled up around your shoulders so the sweet scent of him was all around you.

These small things you noticed were things you wanted to stay with you. It had been a long time since you'd fallen asleep next to someone like this and woken up with your arms wrapped around them. It felt good. You liked the intimacy and closeness of it all; it made you feel cared for. In return, it showed how much you cared about the person you were with. That very person was Spencer, and after last night's discussion, he deserved all of the closeness he could get.

Last night both of your emotions were running low. You could still see the faint traces of where his tears had dried, causing his skin to look shiny. But that seemed like worlds away now that his face was illuminated by the light in the quiet hours of the morning, looking more at ease than you'd have thought possible.

While you were snuggled into his side, you listened as he breathed, wanting to let him sleep as much as he could. There was no doubt in your head that he was tired from the flight and his stay at the hospital.