Chapter thirty four - Wrong Target

T.W. Mentions of blood, burning, violence and death. 

~Lives POV 

I couldn't sleep. Alexa was snoring loudly, but that was the least of my problems. I had twenty one minutes and thirty one, thirty, twenty nine seconds till I was expected to meet Theo.

I couldn't sleep. 

I laid still on my four poster bed staring at the ceiling. Time seemed to slow as every second went by. The small alarm clock on my bed side table illuminated 12:46am on the wall beside me. I tried not to pay attention to it, thinking it would help time move faster.

 12:47am.            12:48am.               12:49am. 

I couldn't wait anymore I grabbed my cloak from the edge of my bed. I grabbed my wand from the table and placed it in my pocket. Something told me I would need it. I took one last look at Alexa who was still snoring on her bed. 

The corridors were cold and empty. It was getting closer to winter every day and the temperature in the common room was cold enough. I tried to act as though it was another nightly outing, just to help clear my head, but my mind was racing. Whether it was the thrill of the kill or just my nerves something made my adrenaline levels spike. It had been months since I've had a challenge. Tom would probably be up to a duel but he wouldn't use his full potential in fear I would get hurt or something stupid like that. 

I reached the steps leading to the top of the astronomy tower. The sound of my foot steps echoed across the stairway. 

12:56am.              12:57am.              12:58am.           12:59am. 

I pushed the door open hearing it creek slightly. I stepped onto the tower. I felt oddly exposed I had never fought this high up. It was cold and the wind was strong making my cloak billow behind me. 

"Hello?" I called, there were 2 sofas opposite from each other. One was empty. The other had a tall dark figure sat on the edge of its seat. 

"Hello" it called. Rising slightly from its chair. It started walking towards me, it's long cloak covered most of its features. Every inch of it covered in long laced fabric it's hood covering most of its facial features. All but it's large hazel brown orbs. "I was starting to think you stood me up" it spoke again. 

"Theo take of that ridiculous costume and face me" it removed its cloak to reveal the teenage boy she knew he was. 

"I guess it was to try and scare you, did I scare you Live Robinson?" I shook my head, 

"well I wouldn't expect you to be scared of some pieces of tatty, old, black cloth" he placed his cloak down, he was wearing a soft hand knitted jumper, it was well worn, clearly he had used some sewing up spells to stitch it back up.

 "what do you want Theo?" I finally asked, 

"Me, this isn't about me it's about you, you see I've known for quite sometime that you aren't really who you say you are" he strolled over locking gazes with me 

"what ever delusional belief you have of me it's false" I protested, 

"Really I was sure you were HIS daughter" I fell silent maybe I could have some fun with this imbecile before I kill him. "You see Live I know people like you, people who lie for a living, lie to the people you care for, Can psychos care for people?" He questioned, smirking ever so slightly. 

"I'm not a psycho" I tried to stay calm and collected, I couldn't give him the satisfaction off a win not just yet anyways.

"well I bet HE told you that didn't he" He continued to hint at my father, I continued to deny all assumptions clearly causing him frustration.