Chapter 8

Xia Lin was awakened by a familiar cell phone ringing. 

He squinted his eyes, fumbled, and pressed the answer button.

"Xia Lin, are you still asleep?" 

On the other end of the phone, Song Yan's voice was noisy and full of vitality, "I got off the plane, come to the airport and pick me up!" 

Xia Lin did not say a word, pinched the phone with his backhand, and continued to sleep with his head covered.

After a few seconds, the phone rang again. 

This time Xia Lin didn't even look at it, and just pressed it. After this repeated several times, the ringing finally disappeared.

A few minutes later, Xia Liang kicked open the door of his room, and said with a black face, "What the hell are you doing, Song Yan called me the harassing call." 

Xia Lin sighed, "Brother, hang up, I'll call him back." Xia Liang took the door and went out.

After the call was made, I heard Song Yan's roaring voice: "Xia Lin, how dare you hang up Lao Tzu's phone! No text messages, will not answer emails, and now you don't even answer the phone, do you want to break the relationship with Lao Tzu?"

"Ah." Xia Lin said with a face. 

"Ah for what?!" 

"Ah, that means right."

Song Yan was silent for three seconds: "Xia Lin, are you a ghost? I just went to Australia. Why do you feel like you have changed?" 

Xia Lin thought to herself, it is indeed a bit like the upper body of a ghost.

Yes, just a week ago, Xia Lin found out that he was resurrected from the dead, and he was reborn ten years ago, after the Spring Festival in 2008.

In another month, Song Yan will be eighteen years old. 

In a few months, Xia Lin will also be eighteen years old. 

In another six months, they will have the college entrance examination.

Song Yan took advantage of the small holiday of the Spring Festival to go to Australia with his parents, aptly called the last carnival before the college entrance examination. 

Xia Liny wanted to go with him, but his father disagreed. Depressed, he could only watch Song Yan's travel photos every day to relieve his greed.

At that time, his relationship with Song Yan was very strong, and there were endless topics to talk about every day. Even if Song Yan went to Australia, he kept sending text messages and emails every day. 

However, a week ago, Xia Lin was suddenly reborn.

He was completely cold to Song Yan, never tying his fate with Song Yan anymore. 

He decided to choose a different life path. So, in the next few days, he was no longer keen on sending text messages with Song Yan, and no longer followed Song Yan's phone call. He didn't even want to say a word with Song Yan.

"Hello? Hello? Xia Lin, are you listening?"

Song Yan pulled his thoughts back. Xia Lin took a deep breath and said, "Song Yan, I may not have much time to play with you in the future." 

"What does it mean?"

"I decided to apply for the College of Medicine of University B. I checked it. The admission score for that major is very high. Therefore, in the next six months, I will spend all of my time reviewing my homework."

Song Yan was dumbfounded for a moment, and laughed: "Xia Lin, your brain is flooded, what kind of medicine do you study well? Don't you know that it is annoying to study medicine? I heard that it will take five years to graduate from undergraduate!"

"No, it's seven years." 

"What?" 

"I intend to strive for continuous undergraduate and master's degree studies."

Song Yan was silent for a moment, and finally couldn't help but yelled out: "Fvck, Xia Lin, why do you want to run to the medical school to be abused? Your kid is waiting! When I come back from the airport, I will give you some advice. Enlighten......"

"You can't." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm going out in half an hour." 

"Where are you going?"

"There is a well-known college entrance examination cram school in City A. I plan to go there for a few days before school starts, and my brother will send me there in a while." 

"I'll go. Xia Lin, is it necessary for you to go to a cram school and you are so violent? I just came back from Australia, so why don't you even meet me in person."

"If you feel bored, just find someone else to play." Xia Lin said and hung up the phone.