Thirty

My body tensed. My rocketing heart rate started to beat painfully hard in a steady beat, slowing. My breathing followed. My body was preparing itself. I had found myself in enough situations similar to this that I knew where it was headed.

I tried to retreat into my head as he nuzzled his head into my neck and deeply inhaled, but Zev's past heroics proved the efforts useless once again.

He ruined my escape.

Axel groaned roughly into my neck before dragging his tongue up it. "You smell of Ezra," his voice was strained. "I can smell the both of you. Taste the both of you."

He bit into my skin. I flinched from the force used and, for a moment, wondered if he broke skin before remembering that, that, was the least of my worries at the moment.

"Why the fuck do you taste so good?" He growled out rhetorically. "I've never- I can't-" he snarled in frustration. Taking another deep inhale, he pulled back and looked at me. "Nea," he said. His voice was strained and seemed pained. His eyes dug into mine, the severity they conveyed scared me. "Please, I need your help," he pleaded.

I swallowed. I had to stay calm. Maybe I could convince him to let me go. If not that, then I could try to talk him down from what his swirling eyes made me fear he wanted.

I licked my dry lips. "Help with what?" I asked in a quiet voice.

I had a feeling I knew. It was always the same with men.

"Men have needs."

He dropped his forehead to mine. "I need to feed."

My shoulders slightly raised to cover my neck instinctively. I wanted to be a smart ass and reply that he should eat, but I had a feeling it wasn't the normal kind of feeding. After seeing Zev with blood dripping down his chin and his chest, Axel having had his head near one of the juiciest of my veins had me jumping to conclusions. If only they were right.

"How?" I asked.

Over the course of the time I had been here, I had come to learn more species than I could imagine existed aside from humans. Honesty, I wasn't sure if there even was another human in this world. Those who appeared to look like one typically proved me wrong with small displays of magic. Those who didn't... well, the small horns hidden in their hair or odd features and colours were indicators enough. I hadn't noticed them when I had first arrived here, but the amount of...different looking people I saw had increased as time went on.

He didn't answer verbally. Pinned against the wall by his body, he took my hand and made me grab his hardened cock over his pants while his other hand grabbed me around the back of my neck. His lips crashed down onto mine violently as his hand made mine squeeze him.

My body froze, painfully tense.

Well, at least he told the truth. Everything he said last night was complete shit. Not that I was fooled to begin with.

He pulled back just enough to separate our lips. They lightly brushed against mine as his warm, spiced breath spread over them. His hand forced me to grope the hardened bulge.

"Like this," he sighed lightly.

"T-this?" I questioned, eyes widening.

He opened his closed eyes and looked at me with his swirling ones. The silver was more prominent now, but the madness with which it danced with the grey had slowed.

"How else did you think you'd feed your incubus, mouse?"

The blood in my veins turned to ice.

Incubus.