37. GOLDEN HOUR

Through the bay windows of that compact house, you could witness the pale sun of dusk stowing itself behind those expansive trees in its own good time, smearing the lustrous hue of the golden hour all over your skin.

As you continue to take your eyes for a casual walk over the scenery out there, which consists of a surrounding enshrouded by vivid emerald trees and the denim river blithely drifting beneath them, you vaguely understand why the natives of this nation are struggling to lay claim to one of the flats in this apartment and the constantly surging demand.

Never in your wildest dreams, you thought you could get your hands on such a lavish flat like this, to settle in. Settling alone on your own has been your dream since forever and a huge chunk of your heart already feels grateful towards Jungkook for acquiring such an appealing place for you.

Hauling your eyes from the pleasing view, you turn around in search of Jungkook and catch him behind the heavy curtain, playing peek-a-boo with Mrs Lee's golden retriever.

"Will you find me at least this time or do I have to Naruto run past you again, golden boy?!" he yells beneath the curtains, at the lazy golden doggo cuddling with his favourite dinosaur plushie, utterly disregarding this golden maknae's presence.

"Bruno is a very shy boy; it takes quite some days for him to mingle with strangers!" Mrs Lee steps in to defend her favourite boy and with a defeated sigh Jungkook steps out of the curtains.

"I absolutely love this place Mrs Lee!" you halt beside the woman who is emitting a motherly aura.

"Great! Ahhh...thank you! thank you!" She tries to voice her genuine happiness through her broken English, which makes her cuter in double measure.

"Then let's sign the documents" Jungkook states with a tint of unsurety in his voice and plants his gaze over your face.

"Yeah, sure! Let's do it right away!" you accede to his point enthusiastically.

With a soft smile, warm enough to melt a pack of frozen butter he nods at Mrs Lee and she returns it with a wrinkle engulfed eye smile.

_

"So, yesterday you signed for a flat in the famous Mapo Han river view apartment? Do you realise what kind of humongous achievement that is?!" curiosity streaks Joe's voice.

"I do! All thanks to Jungkook. Honestly, I was expecting him to be a lethargic jerk as always. But I guess my mother's involvement got him all worked up." You whisper as loud as possible, walking few feet apart from Jin's mile-wide shoulder and the rest of the boys who are indulged in a frenzied argument.

"And who paid the lavish rent? Jeon Jungkook, the rich man?" The clamouring sounds of ceramic dishes interrupt his voice.

"I dont need a rich man to pay my bills my boy, I'm a rich woman, I can afford it!"

Worse luck, you couldn't see the way his lips stretches with that proud smirk, through call.

"Alright, Joe, I'm heading towards the cafeteria, I will meet you there! And you do remember the favour I asked you right? We will discuss it later when no one is around! Adios chickenbutt!"

You swiftly hang the call without waiting for his reply to avoid getting caught off guard and proceed forward to join the boys.

The congested canteen crowd's enthusiasm dampens for a minute as you enter with your elite squad and it no longer feels momentous as it is your current go-to discussion spot.

Joe is nowhere in sight, his counter is unoccupied.

Hoseok shrieks as soon as you guys settle down in your usual spot.