Chapter 31 -Listen

"Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone."

-Unknown

-

Trevor's POV

"Repeat what you just said again!" I urgently bellowed into the phone, squeezing as tight as I could, trying to bottle up all my anger.

"I...Well...Sir...Someone leaked our company's trade secrets out..." my secretary, Jose, spluttered out nervously.

My fingers were trembling with anger as I hung up on Jose.

Trade secrets? Leaked?

I'm the only one that has those documents...

Before I could pinpoint how could have done it, I heard a door close behind me. I turned back to see Alana coming out of my study room.

Wait...

My documents...They are all in there...

She? Snowflake?

I felt as if my body was lit on fire. How could she?

She was acting all along to do that to me? How could I have been so stupid?

Before I could storm over and grab her shoulders and shake all the answers out of her, she mumbled "I'm sorry" before collapsing to the ground.

I quickly rushed over to her, feeling all my anger dissipate, I laid her on my lap as I dialled 911. While on the phone, the paramedic was asking about her situation and all I could say was that she was badly injured.

Upon taking a closer look, her hair was in a mess. It was tangled and she had blood trickling down the sides of her face. She was just stained with blood and streaks of it were flowing down from every part of her. All the blood had already formed a puddle on the floor.

I tried to shake her awake but to no avail. Starting to feel my heart racing, I checked her pulse and was so relieved to feel the weak beats against my two fingers on her wrist.

Come on Alana stay with me...The ambulance should be arriving soon.

I carried Alana out to the main gate to wait for the ambulance and as I got there, I could see it come into view. The paramedics quickly placed Alana on a stretcher and carried her in and I followed her ton the hospital.

-

Upon reaching the hospital which was coincidentally where my family doctor was, I got him to get Alana treated.

"Hello Mr Knight, she would have to undergo some CT and MRI scans and possibly surgery. The wait may be until dawn," Doctor Kim said.

"No problem Doc, just make sure she comes out alive," I replied, hardly grasping the situation.

Doctor Kim pat me on the back and went into the room where Alana was getting checked up.

I sat down on the bench outside with my head buried in my hands, wondering where it all went wrong. Alana didn't seem like the type to do that...

Before I could get caught up in my thoughts, I heard my phone ring.

"Sir! Sir! They're calling for a emergency board meeting right now!" my secretary urgently informed me.

I emotionlessly replied and ordered Jose, "Oh okay...Get the car ready at Averna Hospital. I am here with Alana. Come here and wait for her to get treated. When she's done, make sure she moves to a VIP room."

"Yes sir, I'm on it," Jose replied.

Then I went to the entrance of the hospital and saw my car coming. I got on and went straight to the office.

-

"CEO Knight or should I say ex-CEO? We are gathered here today to dismiss you from your position," one of the board directors announced.

The other board members just nodded their head in agreement.

I laughed in disbelief.

They are dismissing me when I didn't even do anything...Can't they wait for me to even give an explanation?

"I can explain..." I stated before getting cut off.

"EXPLAIN? YOU ARE DISMISSED AND THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR ARGUEMENT! THE COMPANY IS GOING DOWNHILL AND EVERYONE HEREIS WORKING TO SALVAGE YOUR DAMN MISTAKES!" my father who was the president of the company bellowed out sternly.

"Father...I said I can explain..."

"NO. THERE IS NO NEED FOR EXPLANATION. GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THIS ROOM AND WAIT OUTSIDE! WE WILL HAVE A TALK LATER" my father hollered.

I was immensely frustrated by the fact that no one would listen to me. The board directors were avoiding eye contact with me and they just went along with my father.

Are these people robots?

I quickly exited the room to see my sister and my mother coming out from the lift. I looked at their worried and desperate faces that were soon replaced with disappointment upon noticing my presence.

"Big bro...how could you..." my sister trailed off.

"Trevor...we will talk later okay?" my mother quickly interrupted and swept past me and went into the meeting room.

My sister gave me one more disappointed look before following behind my mother.

The world is against me huh?

No one here could care less about me...

Let me at least be heard...

Just then my phone rang and I picked it up to hear from my mother.

I'm literally just outside...

"Come back. Your father has something to say." my mother solemnly said.

I turned around to see all the board directors coming out from the room, giving me looks filled with anger, disappointment and even disgust.

I ignored them and walked right in.

Maybe dad would at least try and listen to me now...

When I got in, my father was seated at the head of the table. He slowly got up and walked towards me. The sound of his shoes clicking on the marble floor increased the already suffocating tension there was in the room.

My father slapped me right across the cheek.

"What a disappointment you are, son. I didn't even expect much. To clear this mess it may even take a year. HOW COULD U DESTROY SOMETHING THAT I BUILT UP MY WHOLE LIFE? UNWORTHY BRAT. ALL YOU DO IS BASK IN MY HARDEARNED MONEY!" my father screamed hysterically.

"YOU ARE NOT MY SON ANYMORE." my father screeched.

My mother was covering her mouth in shock and my sister just had her jaw left hanging.

I looked right into my father's eyes and replied, with my anger multiplying ten fold by the second, "Dad? Have you even asked how it got out? It wasn't even me. It was the Rivers. It was all a scam. I guess you would have saved a lot of time and going after them right now IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST LISTENED TO ME."

My father's anger was replaced with shock. He was in disbelief that it was not me, his disappointment of an offspring, that caused this mess.

"I...Son...Wait..."

"Thanks for disowning me. I don't need a family like this," I sassily made an exit not before glancing over at my mother and sister as well.

Slamming the door shut, I felt all the adrenaline that I had wear off.

I was so tired at this point and it was already 3am in the morning.

What else can life throw at me now....

-

This chapter was very idk how to say technical?? Uh...yea
I still hope y'all would enjoy it!

I will upload 2 chapters today because this one and the next is more of a continuation so yea.

See y'all in the next chapter :D