36. Two-Faced Culinary Prince

FLASHBACK WARNING
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey watch it! You almost broke my arm!"

"Oh.. I'm sorry," Kim Jaehyun apologised, "I should've been more attentive, my bad," he smiled and tried to walk around the person.

There were three students that day, all of them were quite notorious in the school as troublemakers. They liked to bully other students and the teachers were aware of it but seeing as it was a school for children of high class people, they couldn't do anything to thwart their behaviour, lest they incur the wrath of their patrons.

These three students found Kim Jaehyun to be a 'push-over' and decided to take the opportunity to cause trouble, especially since Kim Jaehyun was an exceptional student that even the teachers liked to brag about and use as a standard thus he had no shortage of haters within the school.

The leader of them, whose name was Kyung Soo, grabbed Kim Jaehyun by the collars, forcing him to stand on his toes because he was a tad shorter.

"Don't you think you should compensate me? My arm hurts pretty badly," he smirked maliciously.

Kim Jaehyun still smiled, "of course, how about I take you to the hospital so we can have your arm checked? It'd be terrible if it was really broken."

Kim Jaehyun was the true definition of 'can't spit on a smiling face', his amicable attitude made it near impossible to find any pleasure in bullying him.

Kyung Soo clicked his tongue in annoyance and threw Kim Jaehyun to the floor, "pathetic... let's go, there's no fun here."

Kim Jaehyun laughed nervously as he watched them leave, with their backs turned to him, none of the three saw the dark expression on his face and they wouldn't have gotten a chance to since it vanished almost immediately.

"Student Kim!" A young female teacher ran to his side and helped him off the floor, "are you alright?"

Kim Jaehyun smiled reassuringly, "yes I am, don't worry, it was nothing serious."

The teacher said with a worried expression, "try to avoid those three, they make all sorts of trouble and it wouldn't be good for you. You..." she glanced hesitantly at him before adding, "you should just let it go okay?"

"Of course teacher," Kim Jaehyun said.

The young teacher felt relieved, of all the students Kim Jaehyun was the most amenable, he never caused a single problem no matter what and he never complained, always working hard. "Student Kim, you really such a good student, all the teachers feel reassured with you around."

"That makes me glad teacher, I'll be going now, have a nice day," he gave a light bow and then promptly excused himself.

As he walked away, he saw in the distance Kyung Soo and his companions heading towards one of the abandoned classroom buildings.

Kim Jaehyun kept going his way, he stopped by the student council office to talk about the few errands he had to run before going over to the schools storage room for sports equipment.

Later on that day during self study, Kim Jaehyun who was making rounds in the classrooms because he was student council President took a short break.