First Kiss

Sree

Me and Veena aunty took turns to help Vikram.
I came out of the room, hearing grandma talking loudly to Veena ma..

"First the scorpion, the next day my grandson gets attacked by a bull.. This is not right... The new to bride to be is supposed to bring happiness, not such ominous incidents.. These give a negative sign", grandma told Veena ma.

" Ma,.. You saw what guru ji told, they are made for each other, .. She will bring light to our lives ma,.. Sree is like my daughter.. I can't accept if you speak things like this about her", Veena ma said

I began to hate grandma day by day.. But I was happy Veena ma was supporting me.. I stood there and glared at grandma..
Even I was depressed as all that which was happening didn't seem right..

"Daughter in laws can never become daughters, don't forget that Veena, don't raise her over your head ", grandma said.

" Paati, Veena ma is like another mother to me, you won't understand, I love her a lot", I said

"Sreedevi.. I understand and know a lot, that's why I'm telling.. Anyways.. Good you are here,  These things happening doesn't seem right, I was thinking of having a pooja in our home tomorrow, it can help drive away inauspicious things", she said

We agreed and I helped them prepare for the pooja..

Vikram

I heard that, we were to have a pooja,..
I woke up early.. I was given a dhoti and a white shirt to wear.. I sighed.. I don't wear dhotis usually..

I wore it and got ready and went out, my eyes looked for her.. She came towards the room.. I was mesmerized by how she looked

She was wearing a beautiful red silk saree.. Which was neatly draped, thanks to Veena ma.. A little of her waist was visible..

Her dove shaped eyes lined with Kajal and eyeliner made her brown eyes more defined.. She had a small gold bhindi. Her lips looked shiny and appealing,.. She had applied a neutral lipstick..

Her hair was clipped and she was wearing some jasmine flowers.. A thin chain.. Adorned her neck,
The Gold jhumkas on her ears moved as she walked..

I stood at the doorway,.. Stunned at her beauty..

As she came closer to me,.. I fell deeper for her..

"Move away from the door, I have to go in to get the fruits", she said.

I stood looking at the way her lips moved as she spoke..

" Hello Vikram, I'm talking to you move", she said and raised her hands near my eyes.

She had gold bangles on..

"I won't let you go in,.. Try going past me", I said

She glared at me.. " I don't have time for your games, move or I'll call your grandma", she said.

I smiled like a mad man.. And stood there without moving.

"See, just because you are hurt,.. I'm not pushing you, you better move, before I change my mind ", she said..

I moved slightly.. She sighed and walked through the small space I left for her.. Her saree.. Grazed against me..

Sree

I was beginning to wonder if Vikram hit his head due to the bull. He had a smile plastered on his face, no matter what I said.. He looked good in a dhoti and a white shirt.. Perfect in any attire..