Chapter 62

Francy's p.o.v.

Sometime later Mom and Dad gave us some privacy and went upstairs. Fin had to leave around 2pm so he was long gone. There was no sign of Elric yet.

Downstairs the house was quiet. Peaceful...the daylight was almost out and there was a shadow falling in certain parts of the house.

Remi was getting ready to leave, well that was hours ago. She had made that declaration right after Fin left and ended up staying for a few more hours.

Kai and her sat on the couch, chatting to each other and whispering. They were glued to one another and would not separate. Yet they fidgeted and jumped out of their skin every time someone would enter the room.

You'd think they were the ones hiding their relationship.

We thought it would be a good idea to leave them alone completely and decided to camp out in the kitchen. We brought blankets, snacks and made hot coffee.

Rehan, Ace and I sat on the bar chairs in the kitchen in a circle, drinking our coffee in silence.

At this point we didn't know how long we would be stuck there.

I started peeling a tangerine and popped one in my mouth. It was a sour and sweet one. The perfect balance.

"I can't believe Kai confessed to Remi." Ace shook his head and took a tangerine to peel as well. "I never thought I would live a day to see it happening."

"I'm more surprised about Lucy and Francy." Rehan glanced at me and took part of the peeled tangerine from Ace. "She got Lucy as a boyfriend faster than you managed to befriend him."

I swallowed the little tangerine piece with heaviness. "Okay now considering that, I have something to confess."

They both perked up to hear the story. I decided to tell them the truth.

Skipping the part about Momo I told them I met Elric in a cafe and how things progressed from there without knowing he was Lucy. And how when we found out each other's identities we broke up.

"So you broke up because of me?" Ace said insulted. "Why did you do that?"

"Because we both care about you. And Elric said you're his closest friend and he couldn't do that to you. We didn't know how you would react."

"He said that?" Ace asked, confused.

"Listen, brother." I looked at him. "He definitely seems way more approachable now than he did when I first met him and I think it has to do with you being his friend."

Ace sunk in his chair. He seemed too impressed to say anything.

"I know we made fun of you, but I think what you did demands respect and you really have a great friendship, Ace. You made him open up, have fun, socialize more and in return I don't see you going to drink or party as much. We see you home more and you even got better at school. That's why I didn't want to disrespect you know how much you wanted him as a friend. So we decided it was for the best to break up."

Ace was speechless.

Suddenly Rehan slapped his hand on the counter, breaking the moment. "I just remembered. At dinner that time, when he said he had a girl he likes and had to break up with her he was talking about you."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And when you ran out that night it was because we started that subject.." Ace shook his head.

I sighed. " But then you kept bringing him around and now I know why, but then it was hard to get over him and I ended up cracking under pressure so I made a move on him."