Chapter 9

Sienna's POV

"Thank you." I gave him a grateful look as he finished explaining. I didn't want to imagine what would happen if Romeo didn't help me.

"You are welcome, but next time be careful. I can't always be there when you need a knight in shining armor." He stated seriously.

"Be humble for a few seconds." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Fine. Fine. Let's have breakfast. I am starving." He winked at me and gave me a charming smile.

I nodded, adjusting the cover around me. "Umm... Could you give me something to wear from your clothes?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Sure. And I washed your dress too." He replied as he stood up.

I looked at him, surprised. So thoughtful? Wow!

He came back from the walking-in closet holding a shirt in his hand while he wore a black shirt and gray sweatpants.

"Thank you." I gave him a warm smile while holding the cover around me tightly as I approached him and grabbed the shirt.

"You can get dressed here. Meanwhile, I will make breakfast for us." He rubbed the back of his neck, giving me a boyish smile. I nodded.

As he left, closing the door behind himself, I put on his shirt and went to the bathroom. After washing my face, I went to the kitchen.

"There is just oatmeal here. I don't often stay here. So there isn't a lot of food." He informed me as he placed a bowl of oatmeal and a mug of coffee.

"It is fine for me. Thank you." I smiled, sitting down on the chair as I took a sip from the coffee.

"You are welcome, little thing." He winked at me as he sat down on the chair beside me.

I frowned. "Don't call me little thing!"

He chuckled and started eating his oatmeal. I pursed my lips, trying to hold my smile, shaking my head and started eating.

"Romeo?" I bit my lower lip nervously. He looked at me, giving me a questioning look. "Please, don't tell my family what happened last night, especially Troy and my father."

He nodded. "Don't worry. This will stay between us. I knew you wouldn't want them to find out about it. So I brought you to my penthouse, instead of your house or mine." He commented in a serious tone. I gave him a grateful look.

After having breakfast, we changed our clothes. Then Romeo dropped me off my house.

Romeo's POV

After dropping Sienna off her house, I went home. I had to talk to Charlotte. She should give me a good explanation about last night.

Once I arrived at the mansion, I asked the housekeeper about Charlotte's whereabouts. She informed me that she hadn't come yet. I frowned, annoyed and went to her bedroom.

I was sitting on the couch in her bedroom, waiting for Lottie. After twenty minutes later, she finally came back. When she saw me in her bedroom, she gasped, frightened as I caught her off guard.

"What are you doing in my room? You scared me." She snapped angrily.

"Where were you yesterday?" I asked in a serious tone, looking at her.

She bit her lower lip nervously. "In Sienna's." She mumbled without looking at me and put her bag on the bed.

I heaved a sigh as I stood up and approached her, putting my hand into my pocket. "Don't lie to me. I know you weren't with Sienna."