59

'I don't know what to do...' I sigh into the phone, Maria listening on the other line.

'So he just left?' She asks.

'Pretty much...' I agree in a mumble. 'I tried calling him but he won't pick up.'

'So what are you planning to do about it?'

'I don't know. I feel like I've messed this up-' I felt nothing but hopeless and right now, I was hoping she could convince me otherwise.

'No.' She interrupts with few words.

'No what?' I question her, confused about her interruption.

'You love him, right?' She starts as I nod against the phone. 'Then you're going to do everything you can to show him. Then he'll decide what he wants to do with that.'

'But how...?'

'That's something you're gonna' have to figure out for yourself.' She advices. 'I gotta' go for now. Let me know how things go.'

'Bye...'

I throw the phone to the side of the bed, leaning against the bed frame as I fall deep into thought. He was gone for a few hours now and I wasn't sure whether to bother him again. Maria was right after all, I had to try something to fix this. But what could I do?

The creak of the front door suddenly grasps hold of my attention. It must be Emilio coming in. I sulk into the sheets, assuming he wouldn't step foot into this room and head straight for the empty one next door.

But to my surprise, the handle starts to spins open, Emilio walking in soon after. He begins to undress, his hands at his buttons as he unfastens each one, all without saying a word to me.

His eyes avoid mine at all cost, walking straight over to the wardrobe but I made sure to look at nothing but him.

'Emilio...' I call out to him in an almost whisper, hoping for a response. But I get nothing.

His shirt sits loose around his torso, continuing to ignore me as he slips out of it and into a new one.

'I'm not doing this with you tonight.' He addresses, throwing the shirt to the side.

'Then when?'

'When I fucking feel like it.' He says once more before leaving the room, not a single moment of eye contact between our short encounter.

I get out from under the covers, rushing behind him to tell him one more thing.

'Just wait one second-' I hold onto his arm as his steps come to a halt, still not turning to face me.

'I didn't kiss him. I didn't want to. And I don't ever want to.' I sharply inhale before continuing. 'You're the only fucking person I want, Emilio.'

'Does he know?'

'Know what?' I question, my grip slowly loosening once I was sure he wouldn't leave, but not completely.

'About us.'

'I haven't told him yet...' His head snaps back over his shoulder, narrow eyes looking towards me.