7. The Line

I want to apologize if anything is missing or lackluster but I did not have time to even proof read this one. A family member of mine is about to pass on and we're spending as much time with them as we possibly can. I wanted to make sure this was still released on time and I'll fill/Fix parts of it in the future if needs be. Thank you for being understanding. 

Harley was sat in a office with the villainess known as Queen of Fables as the two watched a tv. 

"Aw. And that's one chipmunk we'll never forget. In other news, evil sorceress, Queen of Fables, won a huge ruling today when a judge found her imprisonment in a US Tax Code to be cruel and unusual punishment." A news reporter says as an picture of Fables is shown on the tv.

"They always use that same damn picture."  Fables complains.

"Better than the picture they use of me." Harley says as she hold up her phone and shows a photo.

"Hey, at least they're letting you out soon. Are we still gonna get our weekly coffees?" Harley asks Queen of Fables now. 

"If I'm not too busy getting my fuck on." Queen of Fables as she and Harley both laugh. "So, what's the update with the Legion of Doom?"

"Nada. Same as last week. Who do I gotta blow up to get an invite?" Harley groans. 

"Easy. Find the thing the Legion wants most, and then you get it for yourself. All right, I've got a two o'clock with an independent contractor who keeps his receipts in a fuckin' ALF lunch box." Queen of Fables says now. 

Harley was back at the mall now as she scrolled through photos on a tablet. "Bane, Sinestro, Grodd, I mean, even Joker." 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know what they look like. What's your point?" Dr Pyscho asks her.

"That they've all tried and failed to steal Kord Industries' game-changing weather machine. Which is why we are gonna do it." Harley says now.  

"If none of them could steal it, that seems like a pretty good indicator that we should not try." King Shark says.

"But if we succeed, it will make the Legion so furious, they'll have to notice us. I sent Clayface to do some recon." Harley says now and Clayface transforms into a middle aged female woman. 

"My character was a sassy divorcee..." Clayface says. 

"Can we please not do the unnecessary backstory thing?" Dr Psycho groans. 

"...named Brenda" Clayface continues.

"... Okay." Dr Psycho sighs. 

"...who is back in the dating game for the first time in a while, and she's decided to get adult braces." Clayface starts.

" Of course she did." Dr Psycho says putting his head down.

"I know what you're thinking. It's a little expensive on a secretary's salary, but no! You can't put a price on a smile. So she threw caution to the wind..." 

"Clayface! Intel!" Harley says now. 

Clayface turns back to normal now as he uses his hand to create a replica of the room he had scouted. "The machine is being protected by 1,000-ish lasers, according to head scientist Jerome Stansfield, who may or may not be heartbroken when Brenda does not show up to work tomorrow." He explains.