21. Inner (Para) Demons

Only just managed to get this one out this week so sorry if anything seems odd or rushed or is missed.

Jim Gordon was doing up his tie with a determined look as he had cleaned up his image slightly. He then sat at a desk as he picked up a phone and dialled a number. He soon could hear someone picking up on the other end. "Mr. President, Jim Gordon, aka Gotham PD Commissioner, aka the Commish, but you can call me Gordo. Sir, Gotham City is finally ready to... "

"Please hold for the President." A voice on the other side says. 

"Ah! Sorry, I thought you were the President." Jim admits. 

"No, I'm his secretary." The voice informs him. 

"Well, yes. Now that you say it, it makes sense that the President wouldn't answer his own phone. Just that I don't often hear of a male secretary." Jim awkwardly says.

"This is the President." A new voice says on the line. 

"Sir, I, on my own, with no help from others, definitely singlehandedly took out the Injustice League. Gotham City is ready to rejoin the United States." Jim says now. 

"Gordo... Can I call you that?" The president asks him. 

"I'd prefer that." Jim says with a grin. 

"Gordo, according to my intel, there's still one supervillain who is running amok. Harley Quinn." The president says. 

"Uh... she's nothing but a polyp up my bunghole. Irritating? Sure. Uncomfortable? Absolutely. Horrifying to sexual partners and often times a deal breaker? Definitely. But nothing that a doctor-prescribed cream can't take care of."

"That is... a lot of specific knowledge about anal polyps." The President says slightly uncomfortable. 

"You're talking to an expert." Jim darkly says now. 

"Look, Gordo, Harley Quinn caused the downfall of Gotham. She's a menace. She strikes fear into the heart of the public psyche. If she's still out there, Gotham isn't safe. Take care of Harley Quinn and I'll put Gotham back on the map." The President says to Jim now before he hangs up.  

"I'm coming for you, Quinn." Jim says determined now. 

Meanwhile at the mall Ivy was sat on the couch looking away from an awkward looking Harley who was pacing back and forth. Harley goes to open her mouth several times to say something but stops herself each time. Ivy finally gives in know that what happened needed to be talked about. "Harls, if we're going to talk about it, let's just talk about it.

"I mean, pssh, if you want to, I guess I could. Yeah. That was... crazy, right?" Harley says.

"So, crazy." Ivy comments.

 "I've been thinking a lot, and I  think it was..." Harley starts.

"An impetuous, spur of the moment thing. You know?" Ivy suggests cutting Harley off.  "It was the adrenaline of escaping, you know. I just think it went to all our heads." 

"Hundred percent." Harley says going along with Ivy.

"We weren't really thinking. You know?" Ivy awkwardly says.

"It's so weird and uncanny how you just said everything I was going to say." Harley says trying to brush everything off now.

"I think we just chalk it up to a crazy moment where something crazy happened. You know what I mean? I mean, that's it." Ivy suggests.