26. The Runaway Bridesmaid

"Tawny Young reporting live from Gotham City Hall as the mayor, in a rare public appearance, has come out to honor the heroes who fought so bravely in the Battle of Gotham." Tawny says to a camera as she was stood in front of a large crowd. With law and order relatively restored to at last the city was beginning to return to normal. A large crowd of citizens had gather outside city hall for the event. 

"I present you each with a key to the city. There you go, Superman and, of course, Wonder Woman and Batman. Check out that grip." He says as he hands them all a key.  "There you go, space cabbie. Couldn't have done it without you. 

"Who the fuck are these guys?" Jim Gordon asks confused as he was stood in the line with the other heroes. At that moment however Tawny and her camera man appear.

"Commissioner Gordon, what do you think of this beautiful ceremony?" She asks him.

"I'm just so honored to be getting a key to the city seeing as I was here the whole time protecting lives." Gordon begins to say. "The Mayor's probably saving the best for last like I did with the Mission Impossible movies. I watched one first - but then I went to four..."

"Mmm-hmm. Let's listen." Tawny cuts him off as the mayor begins to speak again. 

"There's one last person I need to thank today. If it weren't for him, our city would still be riddled with supervillains. This mustachioed servant of the people may not have powers but, man, he sure is super." The Myaor begins to say as Gordon grins proudly. "That's right, citizens. I hereby honor myself." The mayor announces and the crowd begin to cheer. 

"What?" Gordon asks in shock. "What about me? We helped this city together. Not him. Seriously, I think I've seen this guy like one other time, like, ever." Gordon cries angrily but he is left ignored.

Y/n was back at the mall as he looked out at the emptiness of it.

"Is everything alright Y/n?" Clayface asks him and Y/n turns to see him and Frank who was being carried by King Shark approaching him.

Y/n simply sighs tiredly. "I sometimes wonder that myself." He admits.

"Have you tried talking to Ivy or Harley?" King shark asks him.

"I am willing to talk about what happened of course. Ivy, however is unwilling to talk about it matter until after the Wedding has happened.

"Because that's all she fuckin does. Run from her problems and bitch about them to other plants." Franks says about Ivy.

"I am aware of this Frank." Y/n stops him. "I do not find it surprising when Ivy has had no one she can rely on but herself all these years. There is also the matter of Harley who has locked herself away in Arkham."

At Arkham Asylum a guard was walking through a corridor of cells with a clipboard in hand.

"Dr. Psycho, check." He says as the recently defeated Dr Psych could be seen meditating in his cell. "Riddler, check. Welcome back, by the way." The guard says as Riddler was flexing his muscles in the cell. The guard made his way to the last cell of the corridor now as he looks in but is surprised by who is inside of it. "Harley Quinn!" He scoffs. "Don't tell me... You're not supposed to be here." He says, 

"Is anyone supposed to be anywhere?" Harley says sadly as she sits facing the wall.

"Oh, you wanna talk about it? Maybe over a fruit cup." The guard asks.