Extra 7

No matter how much time passed, there was only a passage of memories stuck by him. Even after the war ceased, even after a new ruler came into power, the pain within his heart never disappeared. Like that, he withered in pain. Every passing day without that man by his side made himself fall into unbearable pain and misery, only resenting himself in the end.

This healthy body of his... he would rather not have it if it meant that that man would still be by his side. On the outside, he looked perfect. Yet deep inside, he was already a dead man, an empty shell.

Once more, he dreamed about him. Within their house, the man stood in glory. He was handsome. His body was lean but also strong. Dressed in a silver robe, his sword brows outlined his Phoenix eyes. His lips were thin, eyes softly glimmering. Yet, that man smiled warmly while reaching towards him.

Qi Longhai knew this dream could never be real. He knew that Yang Delun would never come back. But he lingered within the aftertaste of this dream when he woke up. It was as if he could still feel the man's warmth as they embraced, the warmth when Yang Delun combed his hair.

He loved him. After Yang Delun's death, Qi Longhai realized that he had never said these words. It was only when he was dying, only when it was too late that he found the strength to utter these words. By then, everything was already set in stone. Nothing could be done.

Suddenly, Qi Longhai opened his eyes. In this dark and cold room, it felt empty without Yang Delun's presence. This was their home. Even when he was now gone, Qi Longhai wasn't going to leave.

Qi Longhai grabbed a fan. Yang Delun loved fans, just as much as he loved wine. The man was always seen carrying a fan around, especially some that could sell for thousands of gold. Qi Longhai even had a room dedicated to the man, where more than 100 different fans were collected in a year.

"Master, you have a guest." Outside, a maid knocked on the door, soon speaking.

Qi Longhai looked up. His gray eyes were cold, a hint of tiredness within them that couldn't be wiped away. He carefully set the fan down, standing up and sweeping his white robe clean. "Lead the guest to the hall."

"Yes, Master."

Qi Longhai was wearing white. Ever since the day Yang Delun died, he wore white. Even when he was heartbroken, when he had given up on his life, Qi Longhai had never worn anything but red. Now, it was impossible to see him in a different color.

He quickly got ready. He didn't care about properly dressing himself to his status. There was no point in doing so.

As Qi Longhai walked towards the hall, his figure stopped suddenly. A memory appeared in his mind. Qi Longhai's breath staggered. He could see the scene being played out. As they walked side by side, Yand Delun reached for Qi Longhai's hands, even when the other man moved away, he still lurched forward.

Qi Longhai's cold lips lifted, the glaciers receding from his eyes as he remembered the man's crystal clear laugh, his eyes that lit up. He slowly walked ahead, albeit, stopping in his steps every now and then.

"You're here."

Qi Longhai stared at the beautiful woman sitting down. Dressed in a green and white robe, she had beautiful pins in her hair, jade earrings on her ear. A green jade necklace outlined her neck, a green fan was next to her side, resting on the table. Her features were elegant and beautiful, her lips a deep red. Her eyes were a light brown, almost appearing yellow.

"For you, he left this old woman." The woman sighed, clenching her hand by her side. She let out a scoff that couldn't hide the pain in her heart even as she acted like it meant nothing.