Chapter Three: The Trip

After just five minutes, most of the excitement was gone. Cars are just cars. Road trips are just road trips. Boring. Even Remi was not as excited.

      "Are we thereeeeeee yet?" Isen asked again for the 26th time. "Just SHADDUP IM TRYING TO SLEEP." replied John before Arlo could even say a syllable.

       "There's no point, Isen won't stop. Might as well stay awake," Informed Blyke being used to Isen by now. "UrrghhhHhHhhHhhhHh" replied a tired John.

      "Didn't you sleep last night? It's only been five minutes after all," Seraphina asked. "I couldn't sleep, so first thing I wanted to do was sleep while I had the chance,"John grunted.

      "Isn't the camp only half an hour away from Wellston?" Remi wondered. Arlo answered, "Yeah it is-"

        "THEN WHY HAS IT BEEN SO LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG!" complained Isen. John turned to glare at Isen, "B*TCH ITS ONLY BEEN 6 MINUTES NOW SHUT YOUR F****NG MOUTH!" John yelled.

      A extremely scared Isen nodded, and stared at the window.

      It stayed silent for awhile, 10 minutes passed. John still hadn't slept a wink.

      "That's it, I surrender," John said as he got up from his uncomfortable sleeping position. Seraphina scoffed, "About time."

      Meanwhile, Arlo knew he probably shouldn't, wasn't the wisest idea, but it had been silent for so long he was just aching to do it.

     Arlo turned on the music. One of his favorites. Country music. Even though music was playing, it seemed the car got even more silent.

    "Dafuq is this trash-" started John until Isen screamed, "AHHHHH MY EARS!" Isen quickly covered his ears acting like a big crybaby. "Oh my god." Blyke said sighing like a tired parent.

     "Is it really that bad?" Arlo asked. John stared at Arlo, "What makes you think I wanna listen to music about horses and trucks?" John remarked. "It isn't trucks and horses, the songs have meaning!" Arlo defended.

   "Just change it already, I think Isen is dying over there." Seraphina replied. Isen was doing a really weird rolling motion around his seat with his hands covering his ears, eyes closed, and silently screaming to himself.

     "Now that's just mean." Arlo said. "Think about the singers and fans in the country community, how hurt would they be?"

      The car became silent from thinking, but not John. "Yeah, but they aren't in the car. Instead are fellow students of Wellston being tortured, once again, look at Isen!"

       Isen was no longer rolling around like a crazy person. Instead, he was sitting still looking up at the ceiling. He lifted his hands from his ears. "Grandma, are you calling me into the light?" Isen smiled gratefully.

      Blyke was recording all this, snickering. "Send me that." John said. Blyke nodded in response.Was this the bonding moment Headmaster wanted? thought John.

      Arlo shut off the music. "Well what do you want to listen too?"
"Play my amazing Spotify playlist!" John suggested.

     "I'm a little scared to play that." Arlo replied. "I'm a little scared to listen to that." Blyke continued. Meanwhile, Isen was looking at John and Arlo with huge puppy eyes for new and better music. "Fine." Arlo said regretfully.

       John's playlist was weird. It had very chill songs, then big pop songs, to extremely weird yet good songs.

       Fortunately, the whole car was vibing to it. Except Arlo, yet that was kinda common now. The playlist had songs from different genres, but they were all a jam. Even Isen was dancing.

    Arlo liked some of the songs, but he wouldn't admit it.

    Time flew by fast, they had arrived at the campsite. Isen quickly got out of the car, acting like he had finally finished climbing the stairs to heaven. "IM FINALLY FREE!! FREE! FREE! FREE!" Isen cheered.

    "Is that really the guy who gets top stories for our school press?" Seraphina asked concerned. "Yes." replied Blyke and Remi at the same time.

    They all took their time getting their luggage out and finally getting to their spot. So what was the first step? Setting up the tents.

   Something new was learned that day, a lot of people don't know how to set up tents. Of course Remi didn't know, she never had the need to use one, as she never went camping before. Blyke and Isen were just idiots. John however, really just was clueless.

     Everyone finished setting up their tents before him, even Blyke and Isen. They all went to take a picture with the Camp Creekwater sign but John was still struggling.

       Arlo approached him, "John? Do you need help?"

      "Huh?" John replied. "Do you need help?" Arlo repeated. "Um..." John stared down at his mess of a tent, "no?"

          There's no point in hiding it. Why would he? Cause of his pride? Arlo thought skeptically. "It's very obvious John," Arlo said rolling his eyes. Arlo bent down and started helping John.

        Unfortunately, John didn't understand. Arlo was either a bad teacher, or John was a bad listener. Arlo ended up making John's tent himself. John started walking away to let Arlo do the last steps. Jerk thought the blonde 3rd year. As John walked away from him, he turned around and stared at a frustrated Arlo.

       John quietly mumbled, "Thanks... Arlo." Then continued to run up to the others.

       And surprisingly, Arlo heard him.

(894 words! Though, I'm starting to run out of ideas, sorry if it gets shorter.)