12

Seeing Daniela actually walk along the hallway instead of flying in her usual swarm of flies surely was a little odd at first, but you're glad that you at least can keep up with her.

,,Okay but why did you laugh at me earlier?", you ask the redhaired girl and she shrugs.
,,I just found it funny how you were staring at my mother. What was the reason for that though?".

'Do not say because she is pretty now' you think and clear your throat.
,,Sometimes her height just... Kind of surprises me all over again, you know?".
,,Sure that's the only thing?", Daniela squints her eyes ,,You almost looked... Intimidated".
,,I just respect the power she has", you say and she is satisfied with that being the answer.

She drops the topic and now you both remain silent, slowly approaching the door of the room where the meeting is taking place.
,,What kind of meeting is this even?", you whisper and Daniela puts a strand of hair behind her ear.
,,Mom, the other three lords and Mother Miranda sometimes come together to talk. But i have no idea what they discuss".

,,Wait, your mother and Mother Miranda are...".
,,Well, she is her mom. So technically Mother Miranda is Grandma Miranda to me", Daniela sighs ,,But I honestly prefer avoiding that woman. She is... Rather unpredictable".

,,That's crazy", you say and she just shrugs.
,,To me it obviously isn't. Anyway, do you want the first peek?".
,,If you're already offering it to me", you mumble and bend down a little to look through the keyhole while Daniela holds her ear as close to the door as possible to hear something.
You furrow your eyebrows when you spot three unfamiliar faces at the table, beside Lady Dimitrescu and Donna with her doll and you whisper: ,,Is that other woman Miranda? Who are the other two?".

.,,Yes, it is", Daniela replies almost inaudibly ,,The man with the hat is Heisenberg, he is my moms brother. And the other dude is Moreau. He is... Sort of my uncle as well. If you ever get a closer look at him, don't be surprised. He is...", she tries to find the words and you patiently wait while watching Lady Dimitrescu pour herself a glass of wine ,,Not fully a human. None of us truly are but he is... Different".

,,Okay", you whisper and now the woman who you quickly recognized as Mother Miranda gets up from her chair.
,,Oh, it's happening".

,,My children, I'm glad we could all get together today", you hear the woman say and you furrow your eyebrows. You don't quite understand how all of them could be her children, she sounds rather young.
,,I'm honored to invite you to my castle, Mother Miranda", Lady Dimitrescu starts ,,I-".
,,Could we cut the formalities please? I have work to do", Heisenberg interrupts her and you see her glare at him but before she can respond, Mother Miranda raises a hand.

,,Can I watch now?", Daniela asks you quietly and you nod, making room so she can peek through the keyhole ,,Thanks".
Now you're standing next to her and listening carefully, tempted to know what they talked about. Daniela makes it sound as if these meetings happen
often so they seem to be very important.

You just hope nobody notices you both are at the door.

,,... And finally, after all this time, I found a new vessel and I am sure that this time I will be successful", Mother Miranda says, you only hear the last part and you grow a little confused. A vessel? For what?
,,She is almost too perfect", the woman continues ,,And I will need your help for it".

,,She always needs our help for and with anything", Daniela mumbles above you but you decide not ask what she means by that. Right now isn't really the time for talking.

,,Her name is Rosmary Winters and I will take her for me", Miranda continues ,,I already have everything planned out and I need you to store four flasks for me until a ceremony, which will bring me and my beloved Eveline back together".