21

Dariya's POV

"When will you be home?" Remi asked when he stopped the car in front of the deserted and run down mansion.

"When I'm finished." I answered as I took my phone of the charger.

"When are you going to be finished?" He whined.

“If you come with me you won’t have to wait.” He vigorously shook his head at my words.

“Not in the mood.”

"Well then I don't know, don't make me lie to you Remington. Just go home and get some rest." I said, patting his shoulder.

"Bye Dari.” He exclaimed when I stepped out the car.

“Wait- don’t you need a gun or something?” He questioned, brow cocked.

“Nope.”

"Bye, bye Remi," I said matching his enthusiasm from before. My eyes met his as I lowered to look into the car, we burst out laughing at the same time at the horrible inside joke.

I jogged up the few step to the house that looked like it could blow over in the wind anytime. Moving aside the one way blinds I’m met by a tall iron bolted door. Scanning my palm and eye, I hear the soft clicks of the multiple locks unlocking.

On the inside were workers stationed at tables in long continuous rows of the length of the open floor. No extra rooms and no inner walls took up the large area.

Low white hanging lights were lined above the tables going down to the very end. As the door sealed shut behind me, they paused their eyes flicking to me as I moved to trail down the aisles.

Every floor was for the production of different things and this one was specifically for drugs. This wasn’t the only building but the main one because this was the house my ancestors lived in when they first started supplying for mafias.

Every person working in this building, volunteered to work here willingly. They all receive a generous amount of earnings, land with a house for them and if they had a family and unlimited protection.

That was the stipulation of all employees for as long as I could remember in this family. If they sold us out they lose everything they signed for in the contract and have a slow inevitable death.

Stopping behind a tall blonde that packed the packets of cocaine sloppily. I sighed when his hands shook so much he held up the continuous flow of things.

"Give it to me." I said softly, holding my hand out as I walked up to the table and stood beside him.

His eyes snapped from the table to mine and widened. His mouth opened and closed as he tried to either figure out my words or find something to say. I waited as he stumbled upon his words looking to his friend across the table for help but received none.

"Did I stutter?" I questioned softly as I gripped onto his collar and turned him to me. I slapped his shoulder, making him stand from his unappealing slouch.

Rolling my eyes, I reached behind me and pulled the one behind me forward by his collar. 

"Tell him what just I said."