Chapter Twenty-Nine

Cassandra

When Daniel and I arrived in the living room I immediately ran into my friends. Cally was the first to see me so she was the first I hugged. My tears flowed. Finally.

"It's okay. We know the truth. We're here to rescue you." She whispered.

I was so relieved of the hug and shocked by what she said. I looked at her and she smiled at me then stroked my hair.

They're here to rescue me? How? How will they do that? They can't handle Daniel. They didn't know him. Who he really is and what he is.

I was about to speak when April, Layla, and Shay suddenly rushed to us and hug me. "We missed you Sandra." Layla said.

I smiled at their gesture but also disappeared when I saw Flynn standing by Cally's side. He was smiling but just a little. I could see the concern in his eyes. I left in April's hug then approached to Flynn. His eyes were full of worries and sadness.

"You don't know him. You can't do whatever you had planned. I don't want to hurt you because of me. I don't want to hurt all of you." I said in a low voice so that Daniel would not hear.

"I know him. That is why we brought someone." He answered weakly.

Someone? Is it-.

No.

He will not come here to save me. He doesn’t care about me so it’s impossible for him to be what Flynn is referring to.

I stiffened when I felt Daniel's warm and hard hand on my waist. "Are you happy now? I invited them here because I know you miss them."

"I still can't believe that you will end up together in the end. You two are mean to be, Sandra. Your love story is enviable. After almost two or three years that you haven't met and now you're here, married to him." Smiling,  Cally said.

"You, how could you! You don't tell stories anymore. I thought you were doing business, but the truth is, you're just making your life comfortable here." April said in a happy tone but I know what she really mean is. She's just making stories to make it less awkward. I know behind their smiles is the opposite of what they show. Make Daniel believe that they don't know about what really happened to me.

I don't know their plan but I pray that they can do it without hurting them.

"I'll leave you here first. I'll take care some business." Daniel kissed me first at my temple before leaving in front of us. After he disappeared, we immediately sat on the sofa and they immediately gathered in front of me.

We formed a circle. Cally is on my right while Shay on my left the rest is in front of me sitting on the mat.

"Oh my gosh Sandra! How are you? Did he hurt you? Did he do something to you?" April's first question.

I bent down then took a deep breath and faced them. "I'm scared." My tears flowed immediately. I felt Cally's hand grip my hand. "I want to go home but I can't do that. Daniel doesn't want to. He forced me to marry him even though I'm still married. I don't know how I signed that paper. When I wake up he's already my husband."

"Wait. Did I hear it right? You're married before Daniel" Shay cut me off.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't really go to Milan for work. It was actually our honeymoon. No. It was actually his business."

"And who is this man?" Layla asked.

"Nicolas De luca." I answered. I could hear them sighing except for Flynn who was just sitting quietly.