Chapter Thirty-Seven

Third Person

Cassandra's heartbeat quickened when Nicolas suddenly grabbed her arm and locked her in a tight embrace.

Her eyes widened at what Nicolas did. She doesn't know what to do if she will push him or let him hug her. Her knees are weakening. She couldn't understand why Nicolas was like this and why he was hugging her now.

She was still shocked and couldn't believe what she just witnessed.

Consciously, she tried to get out of his embrace but Nicolas hugged her even tighter. His face was sunk into her neck and the tightness of his embrace did not even lessen.

"Nicolas." She called hik softly but he just hugged her tightly.

She was still trying to get away but she was not strong enough.

"Is this your way of killing me?" she asked him because she could no longer breathe because of the tightness.

He immediately loosened the hug. Nicolas looked into her eyes again and now she saw in his eyes the longing, pain, and hope.

‘Why do he look like this? I thought Nicolas was mad at me but why do I see such emotion in his eyes now? ' she asked herself.

"I'm sorry." That was the first word that came out of his mouth as he stared at her. "I'm really sorry for causing you so much pain and leaving you when you needed me the most. I know it's not enough that I apologize to you." His tears flowed which surprised her.

She had never seen Nicolas like this. Just now and it was in front of her.

"I did everything to protect you but I didn't know I was hurting you so much. I hope you'll forgive me, Cassandra. I thought I would never see you again after hearing that you were kidnapped by Rossi."

She raised her hand and wiped his cheek with tears. She did not know why her body acted like this. She's wiping his tears.

When she realized what she had done, she immediately withdrew her hands. She saw the passing of pain in his eyes.

Nicolas grabbed her hand but she immediately remove her hands. She averted her eyes and then left him at the door.

She went straight to the sofa and sat there. Alfred, who had been looking at them, went to the door and let Nicolas in. Alfred just nodded to Nicholas before coming out. Leaving the two of them to talk.

Nicolas did not know what to do when he finally entered his own house.

"Why are you here? I thought you were mad at me for what I did. Or did you come here to kill me."

Nicolas sat in the front seat of Cassandra. Cassandra averted her eyes. She did not want to stare at the man because of his emotions.

"Let me explain Cassandra. I'll tell you everything. I didn't want all this. I wanted to protect you but I didn't make it. What I feared happened and that's how they got you from me."

Her tears flowed. She could not speak. She thought she could forget what happened but when she saw him again she even more missed him.

"I just want to apologize to you so I'm here. I'll explain to you when all of this shit is over. I want you to go with Alfred and Fabio. Leave the country. Alfred and Fabio already know where you're going."

She turned to Nicolas. Her forehead furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"Listen to me Cassandra, I'm going to see you when this ends. I'll be back and I'll tell you everything. I'll promise this time, I'll be back. I'll come to you and I will never leave you."

Suddenly the door opened and Alfred and Fabio immediately entered.

"They're on thier way here. We need to leave." Alfred said quickly.

She looked at Nicolas. Nicolas just smiled and nodded. "I'm happy you've seen our house."

Tears welled up in her eyes again. Nicolas turned to Alfred.

"Be careful. Don't let your boss's wife get hurt."

Alfred frowned. "What are you talking about? This is not our plan. The plan is we will all leave here but why would you stay?"

"I'll face them. All you have to do is get Cassandra out of here before they get here."

"Fuck! Remember this Nicolas. If you don't follow us I'll kill you with my bare hands."

Nicolas nodded. "Sure."

They stared at each other before Nicolas turned to Cassandra again. Nicolas wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Be careful."

Then he kissed her on the forehead. Alfred pulled her out. Her eyes were on Nicolas.

They were about to walk out the door when she free her hands held by Alfred.

She immediately ran to Nicolas and hugged him tightly. She sobbed into his chest.

She thought she could tolerate Nicolas but when she saw the other side of him where he was in a weak situation she couldn't help herself but hug him. She really loves Nicolas.

"You'll explain to me everything. I want the truth, Nicolas."

He nodded. Then he put something in her hand.

She was about to open it when he stopped her.

"Open your hand when you're out of here."

Cassandra nodded. Nicolas kissed her on the forehead again.

Until they left, she still couldn't stop crying. She just closed her eyes when she lost sight of the house.

She immediately opened her hand and cried even more when she saw the ring on her palm.

Upon escaping, they heard a loud explosion so Alfred immediately stopped driving.

Cassandra immediately turned around and looked back to the road. She's scaredhat might the explosion means.

"Alfred, can we go back?"

______________

Hello, sorry for the late update. The next chapter will be Nicolas' Pov and I know a lot of you are maybe excited a little bit or more excited than me.

Just comment what's your thoughts about this chapter.

We're getting near. I love you guys for staying with Nicolas and Cassandra.

tine_finn