His POV II

Chapter 39

After I visited the hospital where Cassandra is, I immediately went to the headquarters of la familia.

And I got a slap on my face by the head of la familia.

"I told you to be more careful! What is wrong with you, Nicolas? They all already knew who Cassandra is. You can't hide her from them anymore!"

My tears flowed as I still crouched in front of it. I clenched bith my fist.

"I can't bear seeing her hurting when I'm ignoring her. I get hurt when I'm avoiding her. I'm just looking at my wife without doing anything. I can't do this anymore. I want to stop hurting my wife."

"I know how much pain you're going through right now Nicolas but you need to protect Cassandra at all cost from your enemies. Mr. Clinton is still mad at you for what happened to Elise years ago."

"I know that thing."

He patted my shoulder. "I'll try to cover you up but please be careful next time."

I nodded. After our conversation I left tne headquarters.

When I left there I noticed someone following me. I accelerated the speed of the car. But I didn’t expect the two motors ahead of me and they're going through my way.

I was dazzled by its head light so I hit the brake but I just felt something penetrate my skin.

Fortunately, there was no other vehicle so I stopped in the middle of the road. The two motors are gone and I'm the only one on the middle of the road. I got out from my car while holding the gun.

I winced in pain from my left arm. That fucker. They're already moving.

I was about to get into the car when a motorbike is coming through my direction. It stopped in front of me and then the man aimed the gun he's holding at me. He took his helmet.

"Leave her or you will die. Choose Mr. De Luca."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Then you choose her death."

I clenched my fist ready to punch that mother fucker face but I restrain myself.

"I'll do anything just leave her alone."

"You really love her huh? How about we play a little game. I'll let you live with Cassandra but you must kill his father."

"I'll play your little game."  I said without hesitation.

He smiled before then put his gun back to his back.

I leaned against the car. It was Arturo. And I knew what his purpose was when he went to the mansion. He forced me to tell the truth about Cassandra. I knew that was Rossi's order, he thought I wouldn't know that Arturo was his man.

"She's nothing. Just one of my whore."

I remember those words. I know it hurts but I have to say that so that Arturo won't ask any more questions.

I just want her to be safe. I don't want Rossi to know who my wife really is.

___________

The annual party  was just a trap to me. From where I stood on stage I could see the pain in Cassandra’s eyes. And I can't stand it. Seeing her like that was excruciating.

Out of the corner of my eyes I could clearly see someone's grin. I let him enjoy his fucking play. If he wasn't just a member of la familia, I would have punched him in the face.