His POV III

Chapter 40

I went to headquarters. I have no idea what meeting will be held.

But I was shocked to hear Cassandra's name. "Cassandra told them where the data was so the data was easily retrieved. That's exactly what Elise said after she escaped Rossi's mansion."

Elise?

Suddenly the door opened and Elise emerged in there. She looked at me before she faced his father.

"Come here. Tell them how Cassandra planned everything."

My eyes widened at what I heard. Elise suddenly cried. "Cassandra always hurt me when I was still in there. I even heard them talking about entering Nicolas' house. Cassandra also pointed out exactly where the data was placed."

"Bullshit!" Suddenly I shouted. "What are you talking about? Don't talk like you know my wife!"

"ENOUGH! Mr. De Luca please refrain yourself!" Mr. Vasilli shouted back. "You're just covering her wrong doings. That bitch is a traitor. You're protecting the traitor."

"Shut up!" I shout again.

"Mr. De Luca. You're no in position to act like that in this room. We're discussing how we can solve this problem." Dean said.

"I suggest. Kill her on sight." One of the bosses said.

I was stunned when everyone agreed.

I did try to protect her but I just make it hard. I did nothing but put her in danger. But I can still do something if Alfred execute my plan accordingly.

When I received a call from Alfred I immediately left the room.

"Fabio saved her. They're on their way." I feel like I'm going crazy waiting for news from Alfred. When I heard what he said it was as if I had lost the heavy bound to my chest.

And when I saw her again I seemed to live again. I hugged her tight like I don't want to let go anymore. I just missed her so much.

"Listen to me Cassandra, I'm going to see you. I'll be back and I'll tell you everything. Promise, I'll be back." I just said those words without certainty that I can still come back to life after this.

When they left the house my tears flowed down.

"I love you, Cassandra. Ti amo, moglie."

Soon I heard vehicles approaching. I immediately pulled out my gun. I went to the kitchen then left the stove open then I ran to the back door. I waited for them to enter before I picked up the grenade.

When I removed the pin I immediately threw it inside near the stove. I ran fast until the house exploded loudly.

Our house is now ruined. I smiled bitterly and then ran into the forest.

Someone was following me so I accelerated even more. I even got shot. It’s just that I didn’t expect to be hit in my waist. I ran as fast as I could.

My vision is blurring because my blood from my wound is flowing like a river.

"Fuck."

I leaned against the tree because I feel like fainting.

"Poor Mr. De Luca. I didn't know your life was going to end soon." Mr. William approached me. "We really got here where you're dying. I thought you were going to kill me."

I was about to shoot him when he preceded me. I screamed in pain when the bullet penetrated the skin of my hand.

"Any last words?" He asked me then pointed the gun at my head.

"How about you old man?" When Mr. William turned around Fiona immediately fired the gun.

It was on the forehead so Mr. William unconsciously fell to the ground.

"You're fucked up, Nicolas." She said.

I just laughed. She supported me until we could return to the house that had been destroyed by the explosion.

Dean and some of the bosses of la familia are already there.

Dean approached me. There was also an ambulance from the la familia.

"I'm sorry Nicolas we got here too late."

"It's okay. Everything is okay."

"NICOLAS!"

My eyes widened when I recognized that voice. When Fiona stepped aside I immediately saw Cassandra.

Her eyes were full of tears. I sat on the stretcher.

Cassandra ran over to me and immediately hugged me tightly. "I t-thought you left me."

I caressed her back. "I promised you and I kept it."

I didn't want to let Cassandra go but I had to be taken to headquarters for treatment.

When I woke up Cassandra was next to me who was sound asleep. Alfred and Fiona were on the sofa busy watching while holding a slice of pizza.

I hugged Cassandra and planted her head a soft and light kiss. I felt the ring on her hand so I smiled.

I slowly laid her down neatly on the bed. I kissed her again on the forehead before I left the bed and went to the two.

They were even surprised to see me. I took a pizza out of the box and ate it. I sat in the single chair.

"Are you okay now?" Alfred asked and I immediately nodded.

"What happened to Rossi?"

"Dean got him as well as Mr. William's allies. They're already in the dungeon." I nodded.

"Mr. William's father was killed because he became a traitor to the organization. Mr. Evans just obeyed the command of the head. Since then, the Williams have been the traitor all this time. They Stone family was really disappointed of what happened." Alfred said.

"Also, I got the person who's keep sending a message to Cassandra. It was Hazzel and the one behind the almost kidnapping of Cassandra was Rossi."

"Thanks for the information."

"It was nothing. You're the boss and we're just obeying your command."

"I'm leaving. I'll visit my mom." Alfred stood up and left the room.

"Me too. I have a date." I raised my brows. I gasped when she just left the room.

"Nicolas."

I turned to the bed. Cassandra was already sitting there. She looks sad. I approached her and she immediately hugged me.

"I'm sorry. I'm the cause of this shit." She mumbled.

"No. It's not your fault. It was me. I didn't protect you like I promised your parents. I'm really sorry."

"You have a lot of explaning to do, Mr. De Luca."

"Copy that, Mrs. De Luca."

"And that thing too."

_________________

This is the last part of Nicolas Pov. Hope you like it but I know some of you are still disappointed. I know, I'm sorry. Nicolas is a jerk and he will never change but he really loves Cassandra.

Thank you guys.