Mrs. Malfoy

"Your mother's necklace?" Raine questioned taking a seat. I sat down next to her as she handed Draco the jewelry.
"My dad gave it to her before the war". He replied, gazing at the memory.
"It's a soul necklace". He said. "When you wear it, it acts normal until you're in the presence of whom you truly love. It's supposed to glow". He was quiet.
"What do you mean supposed to?" I asked.
"It glowed for my mom everyday when she was with my father before the war". He paused. "It stopped".
Raine looked unsettled.
"I'm sorry Draco".
"No, don't be. It's just how life happens, shouldn't candy coat it. You can keep it". He handed it back to Raine. "Don't know what my bloody father would do if he saw my mother wearing it again".
"I'm going to get some butter beers". Raine said getting up. I was left in an awkward silence with Draco.
"So..." I said slowly. He glanced at me. "Potions today was.. kind of upsetting".
"Yeah I suppose". He said twiddling his thumbs.
"Snape.. he cut you off when you were describing what your amorentia potion smelled like.." I stated.
"It's not in his nature but he does it on occasion. I did have four scents I just.."
"What was the last one?" I asked. He paused before speaking slowly.
"Mugworm".