20: "Who's Louisa?"

Chapter 20 - "Who's Louisa?"

I was woken up by the feel of Nathan's lips planting kisses all over my face. Groaning, I rolled away from him.

"That's nice," he commented. He grabbed my hip and effortlessly pulled me back. "I was only saying good morning."

"You were trying to wake me up," I corrected.

"Well I'm sorry if I didn't resort to your dirty methods," he smirked.

I was too sleepy to be embarrassed. "Are you trying to wake me up so we can have another early start?"

"No," he said. "I'm wide awake. I've been awake for nearly an hour, watching you sleep and hoping you'd wake up. But you remained fast asleep so I decided I needed to speed up the process."

"Thanks," I said dryly. "But you're a grown man. I'm sure you can find ways to entertain yourself."

"Nah," he smirked. "All my favourite methods of entertainment involve you."

I rolled my eyes, trying not to become irritated in my sleep-deprived state. But Nathan's hands all over my naked legs were suddenly very distracting.

"Do you know how difficult it is for me to lie next to you naked?" he asked me. "Because it's really difficult."

"Put your clothes on then," I suggested.

"No..." he said slowly. "It's difficult that you're naked. Not me."

Nathan clearly wasn't going to let up, and the more he nattered on next to me, touching me, making suggestive comments, the harder it was for me to drift back off to sleep.

"What time is it?" I asked instead.

"It's eight thirty."

"Eight thirty?" I gasped, horrified. "Nathan!"

"What?" he asked, feigning innocence. "Clearly you don't have any 9am lectures. I'd be at work by now."

"But we're not at work," I moaned. "We're on holiday."

He simply grinned at me. "So, now you're awake-"

I groaned and smacked him round the head with the pillow. "Waking up a sleeping girl is a risky thing to do," I warned him, but the more I was gaining consciousness, the less moody I felt.

"What do you want to do today?" Nathan asked me.

"Apart from having a lie-in?" I shot back with a sweet smile.

He shot me a sarcastic smile back. "You need to sort out your sleeping pattern, Bella...who knows how many lectures you've been skiving because of your strong desire for sleep."

"I've attended every single lecture, thank you," I said smartly. "Well, apart from Friday's lectures...but I had a good reason."

"Very true," he smirked. "But, back to my question, did you want to explore Paris more or just spend the rest of the day in here...?"

As I considered his question, I pulled myself up into a sitting position, rubbing my eyes. Then I swung my legs over the side of the bed so I had my back to him, slowly building up to getting out of bed and taking a shower. After a long day exploring Paris, plus last night's activities, I felt especially dirty.

"As much as I feel like we should take advantage of being in Paris," I told him, staring out of the window from where I sat, "This trip was about our anniversary. I'm more than happy to just waste the day away in here with you."

From where he lay, Nathan trailed his index finger gently down the length of my spine. I involuntarily shuddered at his touch. The room wasn't cold, but it wasn't overly warm either. My lack of clothes probably added to how chilly I was feeling, but Nathan's hands always made me shudder.