05. Calm Before the Storm

Pained screams, cries of agony and clear suffering.

Y/n couldn't tell if this is still a training camp or a camp to hell as she watched them destroy their bodies to the extent this early morning after coming back from her running routine.

But honestly, training until you feel like dying as Mr. Aizawa had mentioned was nothing new to Y/n's daily Ackerman life. It isn't new nor is it something she should complain about.

Y/n would acquiesce as long as she was ordered by a superior to do so. And right now, Aizawa is clearly her superior and that, she have to do her own improvement.

Wiping her sweat, she slowly approached the raven haired teacher in which he had waited until she was finally in front of him.

"What is it?"

Y/n did a short glance at her suffering classmates before looking back at her teacher. "Is there a nearby well I could use?" She asked.

"What for?" Aizawa frowned at this new request. She never used well in her training so why would she ask now?

"I need proper control of my titan form." She explained. "If I lose control, it's better if I'm stuck in an area that would restrict my movement while I'm inside of my transformation." She explained.

So just like Eren's transformation training... Aizawa noted, nodding to give the e/c eyed female his permission. "There's well 80° to your left. If you follow that path, you'll see a square shaped well." He said.

Y/n nodded and proceeded to said area.

In a pit deep enough in the middle of the forest, explosion tracks once every twenty minutes.

It happened seven times now, but given that the day is still a few hours before afternoon, the record of explosion is still counting followed by continuous vibration on the ground.

It felt almost like the ground would collapse on them.

Y/n could tell that she has proper control of her titan by now. At least after trying that fifth time, she sat by the side of the well, watching the titan from from where she sat disappearing into smokes.

Satisfied with control, she stood by her grounds with a confident look, wiping what sweat trickled down her temples due to the titan's steaming heat whenever she was inside its nape. Raising her healed hand up once again, now not inside the well but on the ground.

Her lips coming into contact towards her thumb and bit it hardly. Her unwavering will could've been a accredited to that but when blood ran loose on her finger, nothing actually happened now.

She winced her hand away from her mouth seeing as nothing came. She bit it again just to be sure but it seemed that nothing changed.

She noted that she could only transform seven times... probably it drained her energy, before covering her bitten hand with a handkerchief and coming back to the bunch of her classmates and practice the crystallization coating her skin as armor, which, in survey corps' term during Eren's practice as 'hardening ability' but in her human form.

"Oh, you're back! Pixie bob cheerily welcomed the girl out of the exploding forest which looked even worse than Bakugo's explodo palms.

The day continued together with class 1-B's approach. Their faces contorting with every children's screams and groans of suffering while trying their best to stay conscious.

At the end of the first day, everyone, barely able to raise their heads walked back to where the heroes were in hopes that their daily dose of suffering had ended.