Bonus Chapter

Yoohoo! It's been about a year since I started this book. So here y'all go. A bonus chapter on the Varsh ship.

Timeline: About a month after Rithvika's father's death.

Ved's POV.:

Those beautiful eyes.

The ones that twinkle when she laughs, glimmers with mischief almost all the time.

The ones that I've drowned in.

The same eyes which had lost a bit of their glimmer ever since her father died.

Rithvika's father's death had come as a shock, and shock would be putting it lightly, to be honest.

After I had found out about how the guys with whom I had a group-study session spiked my drink, I became enraged, especially after remembering how I had behaved with Vicky.

The next day when I woke up with a headache like the entire world was dancing on me, it got even worse when my parents started with the scolding.

I had to convince them that it wasn't me and finally when they let me talk, I explained it all, but still they forbade me from hanging out with those guys alone.

Not like I'm complaining though, since I didn't trust them anymore either.

And that day, when my parents told me about how Vicky and Nikhil had dropped my sorry ass home, I felt ashamed and embarrassed that both Vicky and her boyfriend had to witness that.

Bucking up, I called Vicky only for the call to not be picked up.

I tried again and Nikhil picked up, only to tell me what had happened to Vicky's father and not to ever show any pity-like-feelings towards Vicky later—if at all I talk to her—if I didn't want my ass handed back to me.

And considering I had come in-between their outing, I apologized to him despite my bigass ego and my hate towards him since I owed it to Vicky.

...And my parents. I didn't own a house yet so I think I better did that.

Now it's been a week after I had apologized to Vicky too and I promised to be a good friend as I really didn't want to lose that girl.

Sighing, I gather all the papers in which I had been solving the physics worksheet questions for the past thirty minutes or so and straighten them, going through each page to check if I've completed every problem that was given in the worksheet.

Once I'm sure I've completed all of them, I staple them together before glancing at the substitute teacher who had been flirting with his wife on his phone all along.

Just newlyweds couple goals, I guess.

I ask his permission to go and submit my papers to which he dismisses me with a noncommittal wave before continuing his talk with his wife.

I exit the classroom and head up to the staff-room where my physics teacher was and submit my worksheet answers to her also noticing the fact that mine was one of the first few papers that had been submitted.

I was not someone who had ever cared about being called a nerd. It is what I am and I'm proud of it.

Call me cocky, but people can tease me and call me a nerd all they want but I know that they sure as hell can't score like me.

Except few people, everyone thinks I'm this guy who studies as frequently and continuously as breathing when it actually is not.

Studying what the teacher had taught that day regularly and concentrating on the lectures in the class give me a lot of free time, during which I do all sorts of shit.