26

😈

Jersey sat on the couch with her legs tucked underneath her butt. She was busy picking over her chicken. Her eyes inched toward Malcolm, who expertly picked up his noodles with chopsticks.

"You're so talented." She commented while watching him chew on his noodles.

Malcolm looked over at her and raised his brows. It was clear his attention was on the television since he didn't hear her.

"I said...you're talented."

He picked up some veggies with his chopsticks and said, "How?"

"You know how to do a lot of things. Like, the chopsticks, for example. I can barely pick up a noodle, and here you are.... eating noodles, chicken, and rice with yours."

"Shit...I practiced." He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I didn't get it the first time, either."

"Hopefully, I'll get it."

Jersey reached over and grabbed her chopsticks. She removed the packaging and tried her best to hold both sticks in her right hand. Immediately, she tried to pick up a piece of chicken, but it fell into her bed of Udon noodles.

"See..." She sucked her teeth and followed it up with a laugh. "Nothing works for me."

"Because you're holding them wrong."

He fixed the chopsticks in her hand, allowing her to feel what was the correct way. Jersey tried her best to pick up the piece of chicken again but failed.

"You'll get it. Just keep practicing."

"I'll just use my fork for now."

They continued to eat their food while watching an episode of Chicago P.D. Malcolm's phone vibrated on the bed, but he didn't bother to answer it. Jersey leaned over to take a peek. She realized it was June.

"Your sister is calling you."

"I don't want to talk to her ass right now." He mumbled while picking up his sushi.

Jersey stared at the side of his hairy face. He seemed unbothered and calm as ever.

"But it might be important."

"It's not."

She pushed out some air and went back to her food. A few seconds later, her phone started ringing. Jersey picked it up and realized June was Facetiming her. She looked over at her boyfriend and said, "I'm going to answer it."

Malcolm shrugged his shoulders and continued to look at the television.

"Heeeey!" June greeted her eagerly as she cheesed big. Judging from the decorative cupboard behind her, she was at Frida's house.

Jersey chuckled to herself before replying.

"Hey."

"What are you doing?" June questioned her nosily.

"Just eating some Japanese food."

"That sounds so good right now," June replied coolly. "But where is my brother? I called him, and he didn't pick his phone up. So I know he's not too far away. He's always up under you."

"The fuck." Malcolm muttered to himself as he frowned. Jersey didn't catch it because she was too busy listening to June.

"He's right here, being mean. I think it's the pregnancy." Jersey joked in a low tone as she put Malcolm in the camera. He didn't bother to look at the screen since his mood had changed.

From sugar to shit just that quick.

"Yeah, it's definitely the baby." June stated, "You don't have to whisper about it. My mom is out shopping."