5. imagine | wolfhard

i flop down beside the love of my
life, who was sprawled across our brand new mattress, which was laying on the wooden floor.

a chuckle escapes from my soft, plump lips, as a shift my glance to the boy beside me.

we were both absolutely exhausted from unpacking all day, and we hadn't even put together our bed frame.

me and finn had just moved into a small apartment, but it's ours. ours together.

its the beginning of our forever, the beginning of waking up every morning, together. the beginning of falling asleep together. the beginning of staying up all night, watching cheesy, cliche, movies together, the beginning of the rest of our lives, together.

" hey. " finn whispers, he had a happy, but exhausted tone in his voice.

he was staring up at the ceiling, but now we both shared some comforting eye contact.

" i love you, so, so, so, much. " the boy consoled, exaggerating the syllables in the third 'so'

he brought his left hand to my cheek, and his fingers gently caressed the area.

" i love you more, my love. your the only person who keeps me happy, the only one who keeps me stable " i comforted, glaring deep into his dark chocolate eyes.

he takes my breath away.

i don't know how he does it, but something about his shimmering freckles all splattered across his cheeks, and his dark curls, his sharp jawline, that lavishing lanky body of his, and so, so much more.

the boy gently bent over, and he pecked my lips.

a genuinely happy smile dances across my face, as me and my love share this delightful contact.

suddenly, finn sits up.

he reaches out, and beckons for me to hold his hand. i oblige, and the boy pulls me up close to him.

i look up at the taller boy, when he pulls his phone out of his back pocket.

the sound of frank sinatras voice cleanses the air, as the music comes from his phone.

'have yourself a merry christmas' was a special song for us, every time we heard it we thought of eachother.

finn grabs both of my arms, and he mildly wraps them around his neck.

" close your eyes. " he whispers.

putting his hands on my waist, we slowly start swaying to the music.

we dance in silence for a moment, before he speaks up.

" imagine.. " he starts, a joyful tone spiking through his voice.

" it's around this time in the future, you know, maybe even christmas eve. the kids are fast asleep in their beds, exited to open santy' clauses presents in the morning. soon enough we will have to go up to the attic, and grab their presents from santa, which we have had hidden away, we have been collecting their gifts for months, considering we have them spoiled rotten. but right now, in this moment, we are slow dancing, just as we are now, just like this, in our living room. a huge christmas tree in the corner, as hallmark movies play restlessly in the background. everything is perfect. " finn tells me, as we both sway to the music.

" i cant wait, my love. " i gush, tightening my grip around finns neck.

" me neither. "

__________________________

word count :: 582

THIS WAS HIGHLY INSPIRED BY @r.l.writes ON TIKTOK!! I BASICALLY COPIED EVERYTHING BUT I HAD TO WRITE AN IMAGINE ABOUT IT.