Chapter 13

Recap:

"So what happens now that you sent Willow and Bianca home?" I ask, grabbing some papers from the table to go through.

"Nothing." He exhales loudly. "There was no point keeping them here longer than necessary. I knew that they weren't what I wanted."

"And do you know what you want?" I inquire.

He looks up from what he was reading and his previously concentrated face softens as he glances at me.

"A few weeks ago I couldn't tell you the answer to that question. But I think I'm now starting to have an idea." He takes a step towards me.

I cock my head to the side, interested in where he was going with this.

"Someone who can make me laugh..." He starts, "someone who can relieve me off stress when Alpha duties get tough, someone intriguing, someone with a strong will and character who can lead alongside of me and be respected by my pack. And someone so beautiful, that every other Alpha is jealous of me."

His eyes never darted away from mine during his monologue. My palms started to sweat, rested against the mahogany table and my exposed thighs started burning against the wood. I was still sitting on the same spot as before, but somehow Alex has become incredibly close.

Surely he couldn't be talking about me? I've only known him for like... 3 days?

"And... have you got- any closer to coming across someone like that yet?" I choke on my own words. He made me so nervous all of a sudden.

Was I - dare I say - beginning to fall for him?

Surely not.

"I think I may have." He brushes a strand of hair away from my face and leans in, close to my face.

At that moment I had to make a very quick and important decision. A few, actually.

Do I want to kill Daniel to avenge my father - despite knowing it would break Alex's heart - yes, or no?

Do I want Alex - yes, or no?

Do I want to have sex with Alex - that one was the easiest to answer right now.

And of course, like every main character in any story, I will probably be making the wrong decisions: will decide later, yes and definitely yes but I will try not to. I'm aware that the first one makes me an awful person but I don't have the capacity in my brain or the time to make any big choices.

So I give in and let myself. I stop fighting him. I stop fighting my brain and my body which from the moment I saw him at that poker game, have been itching for him.

I kiss him back.

And at that moment, it's definitely too late to back out. 

Every muscle is my mouth works with perfect harmony with his. It's like we were designed to do this together, like we were designed for each other.

He aggressively grabs the sides of my thighs as he explores my mouth. I hold onto his hair, my eyes closed, just enjoying what was the only thing that has ever felt this right in my life. 

Things escalate slightly, at a pace I was quite comfortable with, as he reaches behind me to sweep the paperwork from the centre of the table onto the floor. His hand supports the back of my head as he lowers me down to lay on the desk, my legs still wrapped around his waist.