Ria - Angel Full of Flowers

Reviewer: fire_dragon_24

Review: Angel Full of Flowers

Client: writingjuniper

🌻

Cover and blurb: The cover is beautiful. It looks elegant, and fits the theme of the book perfectly. The pink and white theme sets off the term "Angel" and "Flowers" perfectly. I know that the author made it herself, so I would really like to commend her on it. The blurb was also great, and was written perfectly. However, I feel that it can include just a tiny bit of more information, to really lure (in a good way. Please don't mistake me for an evil witch XD) the readers in. I've given my version of the blurb below, but of course, these changes don't have to be applied:

Not everything is what it seems.

When Camellia De Léon receives a seemingly impossible to get scholarship for the prestigious Lunacrest Girls Academy, she can't help but be over the moon. Considering the struggles that her family and herself had to go through after her mother passed away, she feels that this is a huge opportunity, and wants to benefit from it as much as she can. She expects to live out her final two years of high school in complete bliss, meeting like-minded people that she hopes she can call friends.

On her first day there, she meets a petite and beautiful girl, Angel. Her name seems to emphasize her looks and her personality perfectly, her being one of the most beautiful and most bright students on campus. However, the picture that Angel paints hides a secret. And when Camellia discovers it, she can't help but wish that she never did.

After all, things aren't always what they seem to be.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Like I've mentioned before, these changes don't have to be made. I just feel that it might add to the already amazing first impression that a reader gets.

Grammar: The grammar was nothing but perfect. I found only two grammatical mistakes throughout the chapters that have been written so far, and would really like to commend the author on her outstanding attention to detail, as such perfect grammar can only be achieved if one focuses on every little thing about their book. It is not my original thought, but not everyone likes to support a book that does not have completely perfect, or almost perfect use of grammar. Thankfully, the author does not need to worry about this, and can continue writing the book with ease when it comes to grammar. The two grammatical mistakes are given below.

First mistake:

"Oh, you're so silly, of course you're pretty. I'm sure all the boys back home would rave about you." She smiled, making the beauty mark under her left eye move ever so slightly.

What it should be:

"Oh, you're so silly! Of course you're pretty!" and so on.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

Second mistake:

I don't know whether if that was a good thing or bad thing.

What it should be:

I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Or

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Those are the only two grammatical errors that I found. Otherwise, a truly exceptional job done here!

Plot: The plot was simply extraordinary. It's safe to say that I've never seen (or in this case, read) anything like it. The originality is on another level, and makes the book ever so intriguing. Each chapter is structured correctly, and the events are showcased in a manner which makes the flow of the book natural. All the events took place at a seemingly correct time, and I really appreciate the hard work done on the plot of this book.

The thing that I found the most mind-blowing was that not a hint of cliché was in the book. It takes a very creative person to come up with such a great idea, and I really, really commend the author on that. So, a huge "Awesome, incredible, amazing, phenomenal job!" to the author!

Characterization: The book is only a few chapters in, so I didn't expect a lot of character development to happen. However, it has been done where it needed to be, and I'm really happy with the fact that each character is completely different from each other. I feel that the characters in a book are a way for the readers to connect with the book, and the more different the personalities, the more of a chance that a reader will find him/her/them self in the character, and relate to the book.

In fact, the characters have personalities which I have not seen in other books. Each character is unique, and different from the last, and also different from the generic personalities that a character can have. I really loved this mix-up, and commend the author on it.

Overall enjoyment: I really enjoyed the book. It was completely different from what I expected, but in a good way. The main theme behind the book is so unique, and I really love the authors writing style. I believe that this book can be a major hit, and feel that it has a lot of potential.

For the author: You're book is exceptional, extraordinary, unique, amazing and every other positive adjective out there! I ask you to publicize it as much as possible! Thank you so much for asking me to review your book for you!

-Ria