Chapter 52

Miles's POV

"What are you doing?" I saw him opening his drawer. I know what he is searching for. I threw it already weeks ago when I found out that he has cigarettes hidden in his drawers.

The last time I saw him smoking was when I just returned from the Netherlands.

"I threw it already. You can't find anything there...where are you going?"
He unplugged his charger and took his phone from the bedside table.
"What are you doing?"

"I'll sleep in the next room. Don't worry. Sleep comfortably now." He told me.

"Why did you ask me to sleep here then?"

"No need to move to the other, I can do it." He walked out and slammed the door.

I made Cade so upset.

I feel queasy about this. This is so complicated than I imagined.

I opened the door and heard Cade talking to his phone a few steps away from our room.

"I said stop the searching. I don't even want to see him now. Do not let me repeat, Bruno." He was so red indication that he is seriously mad. Not just sulking but fucking mad.

I returned to the bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night because of another dream but Cade is not here beside me.

I decided to get some water and something to eat because I wasn't able to take dinner earlier.

I was in the middle of the stairs when I thought about the elevator. Shit! I forgot again. This is how our fight started because of me forgetting to use our elevator and I am repeating it. I should have known that he is just worried about me. He is always worried about me.

Just another bad luck when Cade saw me using stairs again. He ignored me and continued walking. He stinks like booze and cigarette combined.

"What is this again?" He was few steps away from me when he answered back.

"Don't worry. I am not going to sleep in our room."

Damn it!

Mayka must have seen it.

He asked me what happened but I am not in the mood to share.

Mrs. Sheeba is not around so I tried to check the fridge for anything ready to eat. One young server offered to prepare a meal for me so I just waited at the dining table. Mix appeared again in front of me. He must have a lot of time with him.

"They stopped the searching already," Mix told me.

"Who are they searching exactly?"
I am clueless.

"Of course, it's Sydney."

"Sydney quit already. Why do they have to search for him? I thought everything is settled. Is it because he said he liked me?"
I don't get what is their issue really. No one is telling me. Is it a big deal? I am already with Cade and living with him.

"Even if Sir Cade just let it go, Sir Kai would not allow Sydney threatening his son."

"Threatening what?" I am confused. The last time we met him was when he suddenly asked me if I like him near the gate.

"He almost stabbed Cade outside the gate."

"What? how? There are lots of guards here." It is impossible.

"Cade forbid them to intervene to have a fair fight with Sydney but that evil guy has a knife. Damn! Even mentioning that guy's name makes my blood boils."
Mix exclaimed.