6

"Miss. Richardson come here and sit in the front."

Pin drop silence, all set of eyes were dead set on her and once again she was the centre of attention.

Quietly standing up with slumped shoulders she gathered her stuff and walked to the front row. Quietly sitting down on one of the empty seats.

She didn't dare look up cause she was hundred percent sure sir Colt was watching her.

"Close all your books and notes." He said curtly.

"I'm taking your surprise test." He announced a literary everyone's jaw dropped to the floor.

He handed bunch of papers to a first student and motioned him to pass it in all rows.

He just took their four classes and today he was taking test. What stupid sorcery was that.

Emma stared at the problem printed on the paper. Sweat broke on her foreheads she realised it was the same problem from yesterday.

He's checking who paid attention to his lecture and whom didn't. Though she paid attention but God knows math always went from above her head.

She slowly took out her pen and started solving the question in an absolute snail pace. From her peripheral vision she saw sir Colt checking all the students as they do their work.

In most of the classes students behaved like nonchalant uninterested idiots but in his class no one dared to even look up from their sheet of paper.

Her body stiffened and her hand stopped working as soon as she saw shining black shoes right in front of her desk.

Her fingers around the pen tightened as she continued to gaze at the paper with utmost keen interest. Writing and then cutting the formula.

She can literally feel his heated gaze on her head digging holes. She was waiting for him to move towards the other student but no he was standing on her head like a killer beast. Can't he see how much he intimidates her.

Without a single word he snatched the paper from the desk and she flinched back at his sudden act.

"It was enough time. Stop writing and submit your test papers." He announced loudly and without further ado went to his desk as one by one students start to stood.

"You all can leave after submitting the papers." He announced and one by one the students placed their papers on his table and left.

Emma who was too stunned by his last act came back to her senses. Standing up slowly she gathered her stuff and almost shoved them in her bag.

She was cursing herself for not going through the lecture last night. Only if she knew today there would be a surprise test she would've practiced whole night but it's already too late. The fact that these marks would sum up in her totals of the semester worried her.

"Stay Ms. Richardson. I need to have a word with you." His voice reaches her ears and she stilled for second before her eyes met with venom dripping gaze of Veronica who was standing at Sir's table for complete three minutes now and almost everyone has left.

"You can leave. I'll answer your questions in next class." Sir Colt said curtly to Veronica who gave a flirty smile to him before leaving. Emma watched in a hint of shock as Veronica swayed her almost nonexistent hips.

What is this behaviour?

She could literally break her spine by the look of her arching her back to make her hips more prominent.

"Come here." His voice brought her out of her thoughts and she barely stopped her gaze from meeting his eyes.

She quietly walked up to him but stood a foot away from his table as one of her hand clutched her necklace.

It was a beautiful heart pendant of her mother's. Emma used to wear it almost all the time she never took it off after the death of her parents. Strangely she felt strong and comforted whenever she holds her necklace and she often holds it whenever she's nervous.

"Yes sir." Emma was extremely glad that she didn't stuttered.

"What's this?" He forwarded her test paper and it was already checked with three big red circles of her mistakes mocking prominently at her.

She was at loss of words. Her hand around her bag strap tightened.

"This clearly indicates you didn't understand anything from my lecture. Why is that?" He asked her calmly but all she felt was nervous and edgy.

No words left her mouth. Her eyes dead set on her paper on the table.

"I've noticed your mistakes in my first class only. I've talked to your other teachers and they all seemed very happy with your performance as you're on scholarship." He said in a calm voice but all she could think of how much he had already noticed.

Oh Lord!

He even talked to her other teachers related her. This was so embarrassing.

"I suggest you to take tuitions for your math, I'm afraid if not, it'll cause a great damage to your records." His voice serious.

Emma opened her mouth to object but then close it again. What should she say? "Sir I- my grandfather can't afford tuitions." She said lowly.

Emma hasn't tell anyone that she lives alone and has no one at her back. Everyone here knows that she lives with her grandpa because if she didn't tell the lie. Her bullies would've followed her to her home and lord knows what they would've done.

He was silent for a complete minute before he suggested. "You can come to my office tomorrow after your classes."

Emma's brows furrowed and she mustered the courage to ask him why.

"Why sir?" Her voice was soft and gentle.

"For your math tuitions of course." He said calmly.

Her eyes shot up to his face. He was looking at the papers in his hand. His offer and so much consideration was indigestible for her.

The fact that she would be thought by him all alone in his office wasn't sounding really appealing.

"I-I don't think t-that's a good idea-" He cut her mid sentence.

"Be on time tomorrow." With those words of finality he left the class.