Chapter 22

Siddharth's POV

I was ready in the morning to go to Jodhpur. Mom and dad were surprised to see that I was also going and was quite excited about it.

" Sid, you are going to Vikram's wedding too? But you didn't say anything about it last night... " Mom said.

" I had to meet a friend who is in Jodhpur these days so I thought that I must go to the wedding. " I said.

" Which friend? " Dad asked.

" A very new and dear friend dad.  Right, Sid?  " Bhai said and winked at me.

" Hmmm "

" Why am I getting this feeling that something is fishy? You are hiding something, Sid? " Dad asked me.

" No, dad... Vikram is my friend too. So I thought that I must go. " I said and bhai was trying to hide his smile.

" Ok ... Whatever. All of you please enjoy and take care of yourself and each other. Gautam you are responsible for both of them. Take care and do lots of shopping there. Kavita was telling me that Maurvi loves Bandhani, so get her some sarees. She looks even prettier in a saree. "

" Sure mom, don't worry, I will take care of both of them and will do lots and lots of shopping. "

Mom hugged all of us. And we slid into the car and we left for Jodhpur.

" Congratulations to both of you," I said all of a sudden.

" What for? " Bhai asked.

" For getting engaged to each other. I saw you on your knees Bhai " I said and winked at him.

" There is something called privacy... Ever heard about it? Idiot... always spying on us. What is your problem?"  He said to me but I didn't bother, in fact, I grinned.

" No problem at all. I had come to ask Maurvi about how many functions would be there as I wanted to pack. But then I saw you proposing to her. It was cute Bhai. I am learning a few things from you. You certainly know how to charm girls. You got Maurvi, so I must take notes of what you do. " I winked again and he tried to hide his smile.

" Shut up, you brat !!  " Bhai said and I laughed.

" Oh ... Brat?? Look who is talking...."
I said and Maurvi also laughed, Bhai glared at both of us.

Then I slept off, leaving them to enjoy their journey. We reached Vikram's place. Everyone else was already there. 

Bhai had bought the ring from Mehul's showroom.  So he knew about their secret engagement, he told everyone about it and they all were teasing him.

The rituals and functions of the wedding were to be started from today. Their Haveli was decorated very beautifully adorned with lights and flowers.

We saw Vidhi and Shruti, the moment we reached their Haveli as they had just arrived from the market.  They both were carrying too much stuff in their hands.

Vikram Bhai asked Vidhi to show the room which was to be given to Maurvi. Bhai stayed with his friends while I went with Maurvi to help her with her luggage...

Well, yeah... Ok, that was just one of the reasons, another reason was that I wanted to be around Shruti.

Both the girls obliged us. I was very happy to see her.  We went to the room which was assigned to Maurvi for the whole stay.

I was ogling at Shruti and she looked uncomfortable under my gaze. But I saw her stealing glances at me.

This wedding is going to be interesting. The girls went away and  Maurvi smiled at me. I rubbed the back of my head and smiled too.