Part 23

Ye-Ji's Point of View

It was 8.50PM.

We only had ten minutes before the news broke out so both of decided to let Ara go to bed slightly earlier so that we could have the last final moments of privacy just the three of us. Albeit Ara not knowing who Jin really was but he wanted to sit with her. I was holding on to my dear life to tell her about her father but it didn't feel right to rush this.

"Mummy, why do you look tired?", Ara said as Jin tucked her into bed. 

I smiled at her, "Mummy just had a lot of things to do today, baby. Did you have fun with Uncle Jin at the playground?"

She nodded and looked at Jin, "He's the best mummy."

Jin's ears immediately turned red listening to Ara's statement and he tried to cover it by giggling like a school girl. 

"I'll bring you again tomorrow, okay? If that's okay with your oemma", Jin said and kissed her forehead. 

Ara fell asleep just few minutes after that as she was tired from playing at the playground. We left the room just a minute before the news started and by the time we came into the living the room, the guys were already seated comfortably on the L-shaped chair that supposedly could only fit 4 pax. Yoongi ushered Jungkook to sit on the floor and tapped his fingers, signaling me to sit next to him. Right after I was seated, I could've sworn to see Jin throwing death glares at Yoongi but knowing Yoongi, he couldn't be bothered. 

Shit, should I sit with Jin since... the news was about us?

I was about to change seats when the headline came up

'BTS Jin reveals he has a 3 year old daughter with ex-wife, Cho Ye-Ji'

I jumped looking at the headline, completely startled with what I just read. I looked at Jin, his eyes were fixated at the TV screen. Then he caught me looking at signaled me continue watching. 

Right after the news anchor revealed the headline, Jin appeared on the screen with Band PD sitting next to him. It looked like both of them were in the studio.

I was puzzled and I started asking the guys what was happening and before I could finish my sentence, all of them hushed me. 

'Hi ARMY, this is Jin from Bangtan Sonyeondan. I have somethings to say to ARMY and everyone. I am not sure how to start this as this is quite nerve-wrecking for me. I wanted to be the first one to tell to our fans that I have a three year old daughter with my ex-wife. I was worried and concerned for the privacy of my family to reveal this news but I really hope our fans will continue to love us and our work. Despite being divorce, both me and my ex-wife's main focus will be on raising our daughter together. I thought about how and when I should reveal the news but I didn't want to wait any longer so I am carefully revealing it to you all now. I am grateful to my members for genuinely supporting and congratulating me and to our fans for always showering us with insurmountable love. I will always be grateful for all of you and will continue to do my best in the position I am in.'

The announcement ended with Bang PD announcing that the group will be on hiatus for two months and they will be back with more contents and concert dates. 

By the time the announcement ended, my jaw was on the ground while the rest of the guys gave Jin a standing ovation. The news turned out better than I expected and the moment I realized what really happened, I got up and hugged Jin. 

"Oh my god, Jin.. I thought D*sp*tch is revealing the news first?", I shrieked in his arms.

His lips formed into a smirk, "We just held back the news so that we can reveal first. With me revealing first, it will soften the blow."

Namjoon giggled, "D*sp*tch must feel really stupid right now"

"We are so happy for you guys, and Ara too!", Taehyung joined our hug.

"I am sorry for going behind your back to do all these but I didn't want to worry you. I am still sorry that things are going to be different for both of you but I promise that I will do everything in my power to keep both of you safe", he told me.

"You wanna know what's one of the best part?", he excitedly asked me.

"What?"

"I know you were worried about Ara but all of her school staff had signed agreement with us to not disclose any information about her"

My mouth formed a big O as I heard Jin's wonderful news. I was beyond happy to hear it because it just meant that Ara could still go to school without worrying about anything. I must had been too happy that I pounced on Jin to give him a hug. The moment I realized what I was doing, I quickly pulled away as I could feel my cheeks turned crimson red. Jin smirked.

"Oh shut up. You would've done the same thing", I glared at him.

Of course when the news came pouring in, all of our phones started to ring excessively. I started receiving calls and texts from people that I barely talked to but mostly because they were in awe to find out that I had a kid with Jin of BTS. Not so much to ask how Ara was doing so most of the conversations, I just cut it short.

I was in the midst of replying texts while getting mixed reactions from people at my dummy Instagram account when I received a weird notification from my personal account saying that someone had tried to login.

"Fuck...", I muttered under my breath.

Jin heard my predicament and came to the rescue, "What happened?"

"I think someone tried to hack into my private account..", I said as I handed him my phone.

"That's the one where you post Ara's photos right?", he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah but not a lot but her face is still quite visible"

Jin started to scroll through my Instagram and quickly drew out his phone and asked the rest of the guys to do the same. 

"Any of your dummy accounts following Ye-Ji's private insta? If no, can you please check if you could view it", Jin requested.

The guys started typing on their phones and each of them looked panicked.

"What is it?"

"Ye-Ji, how many followers did you have before this?", Jungkook asked.

I was puzzled with his question but I answered, "I don't know, around 50+. Only my families and friends in London. And you guys. Why? You guys are freaking me out.

Jin bit his lower lip and looked at me. His eyes were sympathetic and they were stealing glancing at eachother.

"Ye-Ji, you have 23,000 followers now. Someone must've hacked into your account", 

What the actual fuck.

-------------------------------

Hi guys!

Some of you may have noticed that I used Chen's statement for this episode. I was slightly bit inspired by his story for this plot haha! :)