8

Forest green against ocean blue!

For a slightest second everything stopped. Only the ticking of clock could be heard. Both drowned in each other's eyes.

Emma was the first to came back to her senses as she lowered her gaze. "C-clear." She answered softly while the man gazed at her with intense gaze.

He looked in a certain type of trance. Her heart literally stopped beating for a second when he raised his hand towards her face. She gaped at his hand with her wide blue eyes.

What was he doing?

His fingers caressed her cheek, a chill ran down her spine as she she jerked back from his forbidden touch and it was enough for her to get off the chair abruptly. Her legs were jello and her heart was stuttering badly.

With no words out she hurriedly put her books bag in and zipped her bag ready to leave when all of a sudden he stood up and blocked her way, making her take two steps back abruptly.

Emma was speechless. She was too shocked before but now her brain was working properly and the fact that he as a teacher tried to cross his line terrified her.

She heard him cursing under his breath. "It's enough for today." He said professionally but she didn't responded, nor she even nodded.

She tried to walk past him but he didn't budge making her a lot more nervous. "S-sir, please move aside." She said with mustered up confidence to which she was thankful to herself.

"On Monday be on time." He ordered her curtly making her nod hesitantly.

With that said he moved to the side so she could pass. Emma didn't wait a single second and dashed out of his office in full speed. The hallways were almost empty as everyone has left.

Once she reached the main gate she panted heavily because of all that running.

What was that?

Emma is no child that she would notice a sudden change in someone's behaviour. He looked as if in a trance as if he wanted to see something by touching her. Has he lost his mind?

Why would he do that?

In no freaking way she was going to take math tuitions from him ever.

Emma went straight to her work.

"Why so tense face?" Connor popped his head in from the kitchen door startling her and Stacy.

"You scared us!" Stacy complained making him pout.

"Nothing just all assignments and stuff." She said softly with a smile.

Emma was good in hiding her feelings behind her smile. Connor raised his brow at her before he ruffled her hair just to annoy her.

"Hey!" She complained.

"What? I like to ruffle your hair." Connor feigned innocence making Stacy to chuckle as Emma glared at him.

As soon as they got back to their works those mysterious green eyes invaded her mind all over again.

At home she didn't feel like having dinner. She laid down on her bed and gazed out of the window. The moon was almost to its fullest form and looked beautiful. The stars twinkled looking exquisite. She closed her eyes for a peaceful slumber only for certain someone's face to flash in front of her eyes.

She groaned in annoyance. Thank God she got two holidays otherwise lord knows what would've happened tomorrow if she went to Horace Mann.

After tossing and turning on her bed for like gazillion times she finally went to sleep.

Next day she did all her pending work at home like laundry, cleaning and what not. At night she made pasta for herself and watched Man of Steel that was on tv.

A harsh knock on the door had her body freezing all of a sudden. No one ever came at her place. Connor just left after walking her home. Who could it be.

With shaking hands she raised the volume of the tv and then walked to the door. She peaked through the small hole and her brain seized to work when her eyes landed on two men standing at her door. She knows them, they are the gang members but why are they here? Did they get to know she lives alone here.

She's not even her boy attire so she could face them. Dread started creeping in her bones when they knocked again making her flinch.

"We just need some water for our friend." Said one of the guy.

Emma was fast to dash into the kitchen. Taking out a water bottle from her fridge. She walked back to the door. Wore her grandpa's gloves and slightly opened the door making sure not to remove the safety lock. The door opened as much as the safety lock allowed and she pushed the bottle out.

Only her gloves hand was visible. Both the man stared at each other before one of them took the bottle. She immediately closed the door shut and secured it with all the locks.

She finally let out a breath of relief when their footsteps faded away.

Wiping the sweat away from her forehead she plopped down on her couch and took few deep breaths in to calm herself down.

That night she double checked her door and also locked all her windows before sleeping peacefully.

Next morning she was woken up shrill sound of her phone ringing wildly.

Groggily she picked up her phone only for her eardrums to blast with Connor's high yelling voice.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"

"You're shouting Connor." She mumbled softly while rubbing her eyes.

"You're no fun Em!" He muttered and she was sure he was rolling his eyes now.

"Be ready at 8 okay. You're finally 18! God I cannot believe this. Just yesterday you were so tiny and today you're all grown up." He was so cheerful.

"Relax Connor!" She mumbled softly.

"You're not a morning person at all." Connor grumbled making her chuckle.

"See you at 8." She replied as they bid their bye.

A deep sigh left her lips.

One year down, lord knows how many to come.

"Finally I'm an adult now." She muttered to herself with a smile and snuggled more into her sweet bed.