TWO

A few days later

A few days later

I opened the door using my key while holding the red velvet cake box in my hand. It was Paola's 24th birthday and it was my job to get the cake.

I think she's pissed at me because Justine and I woke up this morning and walked right past her when she was in the kitchen and drove all the way to work without saying happy birthday.

Of course, I remembered. We've been friends all our lives but I know that she knows that I've been stressed lately so I used that as an excuse to 'forget' her birthday.

I'm guessing she really thought I forgot because when I called her, she answered and said, "Hello, Pao can't come to the phone right now because she's busy praying to God for better friends. If you're a shitty ass friend please hang up, if you're here to answer God's prayers then please leave a message at the tone, beeeeeeep!" and then she actually hung up.

It's safe to say that I'm a great actress.

I placed the keys in my mouth and opened the door, trying really hard to not spill over the cake. Justine and I ordered it a week ago and I didn't want to be blamed for having to be the reason why we have to be stuck inside eating Walmart ice cream again.

The squirrel attacked me. That's all I'll say about that.

The condo was dark, which gave me the impression that nobody was here. I kicked the door closed behind me. I still had my purse and laptop bag in one hand with my cake in the other.

Although It was dark and I saw no one here, I just wanted to make sure, "Hello!" I shout loud when I reach the kitchen counter, dropping the cake on the counter safely and then walking out of the kitchen to the living room couch, dropping my bags on top.

My suspicions were correct because I saw Ryan walking out around the corner to come to see me, his eyes barely open as he rubs them and I'm met with his bare chest until I look down, and I really wish I didn't because I scream loudly to see him as naked as the day he was born.

When he hears me scream he jumps and his eyes are finally wide open when he sees me and he shrieks, literally shrieks higher than me, covers himself with his hands, and runs out of the room. I have a feeling that he unwrapped his little um...gift for Paola as a surprise and then got me instead.

"Oh my God," I speak and then I gasp and grab my throat with both hands. My voice is raspy. My voice is practically gone.

"No. No. No!" I sigh throwing my head back, irritated that my voice sounds like I have a frog in my throat, "I literally have to interview Kylie Jenner tomorrow and my voice sounds like I smoke 3 packs a day!"

I hear footsteps coming towards me and I turn back around to see Ryan wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. Smiling sheepishly as he runs his hands through his newly dyed blonde hair.