Chapter 94

Golden hues of the morning sun had dissipated the darkness of the cool night. The warmth from the sun had begun seeping into the bed chambers of Nandini waking Aparajita up from her deep sleep. Having heard about Nandini’s injury, the busy queen of Vijaygarh had visited her sister-in-law on the previous night.

It had been three days to the accident and Nandini’s twisted leg had almost recovered but the royal physician had refrained her to do any strenuous exercise till a week which meant she was not able to meet Uday for a week. Much to her dismay, Uday had not visited her bed chambers even once but somewhere her heart fluttered at the prospect of meeting Uday after a week at the training grounds.

Last night when Aparajita visited Nandini, the girls had a wonderful time talking with each other. With Aparajita’s great sense of humor and Nandini’s philosophical mind, the girls clicked really well. A smile crept on Aparajita’s face as she woke up and reminded herself of the fact that after a long time, she found a friend with whom she could confide in her deepest secrets without being judged as a queen.

The little girl inside Aparajita was elated to find a perfect friend in Nandini who was sleeping beside her. She did not know till when they talked last night and when they dozed off. She definitely remembered Nandini blushing whenever talks revolved around her physical training and Uday but Aparajita had not questioned her yet. She did not want to question Nandini’s feelings for Uday when they had just bloomed. She did not Nandini to feel uncomfortable and deny her feelings in the fear of getting judged. Rubbing her eyes, the queen groggily sat on the lavish bed of her sister-in-law.

Nandini woke up due to the commotion beside her. Having born and brought up in a tribal village where her days were spent with her friends before her marriage, she had missed those blissful moments a lot after her wedding to the roguish Vikrant but she was overjoyed at her bonding with Aparajita, the queen of Vijaygarh who was taking pains to make her feel lively and at home despite her busy schedule.

“I wish you have a blissful day ahead. I am really sorry that I kept you occupied last night and you are late for your day.” Nandini apologized as she realized the queen had missed her training in the morning. She had often seen Aparajita practicing sword fights with her mentor, Siddharth Pratap Singh gracefully and she admired the queen for her valor and perseverance.

“We spent a great time together and I am not late”, assured Aparajita with a smile as she got up. Glancing at the sun, the radiant smile was replaced by a tinge of sadness and disappointment as she realized she had missed exercising session of Veer.

“What happened?” Nandini asked at the sudden change in Aparajita’s demeanor.

Contemplating if she should confess or not, Aparajita accepted the truth, “I missed the exercise session of Veer, I mean, the prince of Shivgarh”.

A discreet smile played on Nandini’s lips as she eyed the crimson hues on the chubby cheeks of the queen. Feeling embarrassed, Aparajita smiled coyly as she bowed her head down and mumbled, “I mean, Uday Singh Chauhan would have managed everything all alone”.

Nandini’s teasing smile turned into a coy one as she blushed hard listening the name of Uday. Reminiscing the day of her injury when she enjoyed calling Uday with his name, Nandini had turned crimson while Aparajita chuckled at her expense.

“How is training going on, Nandini?” Aparajita asked teasing her more.

“Good”, Nandini managed to utter finally while her cheeks were heated up in embarrassment.

“Uday Singh Chauhan seem to be a good man and he cares for you. The way he offered to pick your palanquin on the way to the palace was sweet.” Aparajita told Nandini whose face was flustered at the prospect of being carried by Uday all the way to the palace.

Nandini nodded in affirmation. Nandini was elated but she had to mask her emotions after all, any romantic thoughts for a man were forbidden for her. She was a widow and the royal Rathores had already done a huge favor on her by treating her like a princess. She had no right to betray their trust and indulge herself into incorrigible deeds that shall bring shame to Rathore family.

Nandini’s heart pained and to hide her sorrow, she quickly changed the course of conversation. “I wish for the prince to recover soon”, Nandini mumbled with a forlorn smile.

Aparajita could see through the tough façade Nandini was putting up. She realized Nandini was denying feelings for Uday. Aparajita had sent her spies to Shivgarh and she had collected information about Uday Singh Chauhan. The son of a reputed officer of Rajputana army, Uday had lost both of his parents. He respected women and was a perfect one for Nandini.

Whenever Aparajita had conversed about the training of Nandini from Uday Singh Chauhan, she had noticed his coy smiles and dreamy answers. She had seen affection for Nandini through his eyes. Aparajita decided to have the much-needed conversation with Nandini. Having longed for Veer, Aparajita knew what it meant to stay away from the beloved.

After much contemplations, Aparajita asked Nandini, “How do you find Uday?”

Nandini gulped in terror. She stuttered, “Good”, as her heart began beating extremely fast.

“I have a hunch that he is affectionate towards you and that affection is anything but platonic”, Aparajita dropped the bomb as she walked towards the overhanging balcony while Nandini shuddered in fear. With sweat beads forming on her head, Nandini closed her eyes in distress.

Aparajita turned to have a look towards Nandini whose black, doe-like eyes brimmed with tears. Walking towards Nandini who was standing in the middle of her lavish bed chambers, Aparajita patted on her shoulders and asked her, “Nandini, did you ever think of marrying again?”

Nandini was flabbergasted. She had always wanted a happy family but much to her dismay, she was wedded off to a man who could never give her respect. Today, she was a widow at the young age of seventeen and she was expected to live a lonely life devoid of all the colors just because her rogue husband was not anymore in this world to torture her. Nandini was ashamed of being a part of a society wherein widows were forbidden to even eat their favorite meals but widowers were allowed to marry the next day when the wife died.

Letting out a sardonic laugh, Nandini snarled, “Your highness, I am a widow and I know my limits”, as she mentally decided to abide by all the customs she was expected to follow in the royal society starting with stop meeting Uday anymore.

“Nandini , you took me wrong. I just wanted to tell you that I am happy to see you enjoying your life with Uday.” Aparajita explained herself still not leaving her firm grip on Nandini’s shoulders. Comprehending the genuine concerns of Aparajita, Nandini’s eyes glowed up with happiness.

“I know what it means to stay all alone. All I mean to say is if ever in your life you feel the need of companion, I will be there to support you.” Aparajita assured her with tears in her eyes as she remembered the ominous battle where she killed Nandini’s husband. She has ruined the life of the innocent girl standing before her and she was determined to add colors of joy in Nandini’s life.

“I am sorry to misjudge you, Aparajita”, Nandini lamented with fresh tears of joy. She was grateful to have a great sister-in-law like Aparajita who was ready to against all the odds just for her.

“So, what kind of person is Uday?” chortled Aparajita as she wiped Nandini’s tears.

With a coy smile, Nandini managed to speak, “I admire the way he cares for me. I am comfortable under his protective stares. I adore his chivalrous attitude.” Taking a deep breath, she continued, “He is stubborn enough to not accept his feelings for me”.

Aparajita chuckled. She had often noticed Uday staring at Nandini with immense affection. “I will talk with him”, Aparajita assured Nandini who was all flustered. She felt more confident to fulfill her dreams of having a happy family with the support of the queen of Vijaygarh. She trusted Aparajita by all means.

The queen headed towards her bed chambers to get ready for her day while Nandini was determined to genuinely acknowledge her sinister feelings for Uday Singh Chauhan, the man who had intruded in her dreams.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

New update, as promised 😉

I missed Veer in this chapter but I am in love with the beauty of this chapter. 😍

And Uday and Nandini need a push, right! 😜

Veer and Aparajita’s much-needed conversation coming up tomorrow! 😘

Please touch the 🌟 button. I literally avoided my cousins to write this update 🙈

Take care 🧡

Love you all
💜