I'm not goin nowhere.

Sunday 11:00 pm

Sunday 11:00 pm

"I remember you used to love to race up and down the block til it was dark out." Key reminisced while looking at some of my track medals.

I got dressed in some biker shorts, and a gray cami with no bra since I knew I was going to be going to sleep. I threw on a black hoodie in case it was cool out.

"I wish your mama woulda never took you away." I said in a low tone still barely remembering when we knew each other. "I hate that I've blocked out so much of my life that I forgot about you." I admitted putting on some Nike socks and slides.

"I promise, I'm not goin nowhere ever again" he walked over to me.

We stared at each other in silence until my stomach roared for attention again.

"Let's go get you some food." He said taking my hand to help me up.
I grabbed my Phone, and keys then we walked down my stairs and left out the front door.

After making sure my house was locked up we walked across the lawn and I noticed the Cadillac was gone so I breathed easier knowing Jah jah wasn't gonna see me come in her house holding hands with her nephew.

We walked inside and Stone was on the couch watching tv. He looked our way and started laughing.

"You were supposed to go get her for dinner, not make her your dinner." He said tryna make jokes.

"Man, shut up." Key commanded.
"Go head up to my room, I'll bring you a plate" he said gently pushing me toward the stairs.

As I opened his bedroom door to walk in, I heard Stone start up again so I went back toward the stairs to listen.

"So now y'all together?" He asked. Key didn't respond. "I thought wifin' these hoes make you weak. Lookit chu you up in here makin her a plate."

"Drop it, Stone." He warned him.

"That's yo bitch now huh?" Stone said laughing. "Jus like when we was little when you didn't wanna chill wit me cus of Beebee." He said with extra disgust on my name.

"ERIC!" Key roared as I heard glass shatter.

I ran in the room and closed his door.

I sat in silence on the couch across from his bed with my knees to my chest. I didn't understand why it mattered so much to Stone if me and Keyaun ended up getting together or not. What difference did it make?

Key finally walked in with a plate and a glass of ice.

"What we gon do wit jus ice?" I asked as he handed me the glass.

He sat down the plate and walked over to the other side of his bed and pushed a button on top of his nightstand. The side of it popped open revealing It was a mini fridge.

"That's tight!" I exclaimed.

He smiled. "You be drinkin?"

I nodded my head in excitement.

"And you called me a heathen." He said handing me a Smirnoff and grabbing one for himself.

"Well you not old enough to drink either, so we both heathens." I said proudly holding up my drink to cheers with him.

He clanked his bottle with mine and opened his to pour it in the glass of ice.

We sat and ate and drank the coolers. Then I watched him play a few games of NBA2k on his PlayStation. He tried to teach me how to play but I got whooped so he took the controller and told me I was gon ruin his record.

He went back to playing as I laid down on his bed and felt something stiff under the pillow. I picked it up and found a pistol.

"Key, why you got a gun under here?" I stood up in shock but tried to talk in a whisper.

He put the controller down and sighed. "Bebe. You know I-" I cut him off.

"But why it's in the house, under the pillow?"

"It's in the house for protection. If a nigga run up in here, imma already be dead tryna go get my burner from outside." He explained to me, which made sense but still made me uncomfortable.

"I'll go take it to the car if you'll feel better." He told me.

I thought about how silly that would be once he explained it. "It's aight, but can you at least put it in the closet or sum?" I asked.

"Yeah." He grabbed the gun and put it on the top shelf of the closet.

"Keyaun." I said sitting back down on the bed. He turned his attention to me. "Have you shot anybody?"

"No, I haven't. I have fired off warning shots before but never at anyone." He confessed to me tugging on one of his free locs.

"Okay." I said relieved.