𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘳𝘦𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘬𝘦 )

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 

𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑳𝑨𝑲𝑬 shimmered under the early autumn sun that shone above the castle.

The Slytherin quartet that consisted of Penelope, Regulus, Marah and Freddy, had decided to spend the first weekend of October studying by the lake, enjoying the warm weather before it changed into the cold that came with the winter. And studying was putting it mildly, as Freddy was the only one studying ─ Penelope kept writing and rewriting some poetry, Regulus was nearly falling asleep on top of Poppy's lap and Marah was busy staring dreamily at a group of Gryffindor boys.

Gnawing on her bottom lip, Poppy tilted her head at her writing in front of her. "What rhymes with 'disclaims'?"

"James." Marah immediately replied, a soft tone in her voice as her dark eyes remained on the group of boys across the lake.

"Thanks." Poppy muttered, replying almost immediately before pausing. Frowning confused, she raised her head to stare at her friend with a raised eyebrow, which seemed unaware. "Did you just say James? As in─"

"James Potter." Regulus interrupted from his slumber, his grey eyes flickering open to stare at Poppy above him. "Marah likes him ─ it's all she's been talking about for the past week."

Poppy narrowed her eyes at him, slightly startled as she had not known he had been awake this entire time. Shaking her head, Poppy turned to stare at where Marah was looking, only to see the Marauders sprawled on the grass like them, and James chasing a snitch around. "Likes Potter? That's impossible, Marah hates his guts."