Thirty-Four

Aries returned from the Owlery and instead of going straight back to the hospital wing, she went to the Great Hall.

If there wasn't any food there, then she'd have to suffice to the kitchens.

As if Dumbledore had known she'd be coming, he was sat with Flitwick still eating breakfast and keeping a plate of food fresh beside him.

"Hm, not a moment late." Dumbledores eyes twinkled as she walked in. "Professor Flitwick was just telling me how well you've been doing in his classes." Dumbledore smiled.

"All good I hope." Aries responded, looking around to find any food at the students tables.

"Up here, Miss Black, we have saved you a plate." Flitwick nodded towards the plate of food beside Dumbledore.

Hesitantly, she made her way up to the professors table and sat down beside Dumbledore.

It felt weirdly fun to be up there. Looking at the whole room of tables in front of her. "Professor? I don't understand, this is the professors table. Plus, breakfast is already over, why exactly were you expecting me?" She asked.

"Well, Professor Flitwick was telling me how much work you've been doing, Mr. Potters grade in his class has excelled thanks to your tutoring. I have also been informed of your tutoring in Herbology as well." Dumbledore explained as Aries nodded.

"I, too, have noticed your grades along with the extra work in the hospital wing, which Poppy loves dearly. Though I do have to ask if this work load is too much to handle?" He asked.

Aries shook her head. "I chose to do the extra tutoring and the help in the hospital wing, other than that, I've been working hard for a reason, Professor." She admitted.

"And what is that reason, may I ask?" Flitwick added.

"Well, I like to heal people, help them. Getting top grades can give me those opportunities." She shrugged.

"Haven't you been tinkering in the clothing industries as well, Gladrags has been very happy with their newest clothing line." Dumbledore pressed.

"I...yes, tinkering is the right word for it. It's fun, let's me be creative, but it won't lead to an affordable future. And to be honest, I'm not exactly quite sure either are what I'm going to be doing in the future." Aries admitted.

"And why is that, Miss Black?" Dumbledore asked.

"Look at me, I'm fifteen, I shouldn't be worrying about jobs right now. I should be worrying about grades, boys, what I wear, I don't know, normal teenage stuff?" Aries shrugged.

"Age is just a number, child. Maturity comes in different experiences and people grown in different ways. You only need to worry when the need is to come. Though Professor Flitwick has been asking for a quite awhile. He believes you would be a great asset to the dueling club." Dumbledore said as she ate her food.

"You practically know all the materials I teach, you could even teach my classes if you wanted to, and mastering a few defense or offensive spells could be useful in the future." Flitwick added.

Aries nodded slowly.

The dueling club...

She was already tutoring 2 students for Herbology, tutoring James in Charms, getting ahead in charms, volunteering at the hospital wing, and in Slughorns club parties. All of those would make her mother more proud.

Going into a dueling club was not one on the list. Her mother only accepted poise, grace, intelligence, image, and house wife potential.

She never encouraged fighting of any sort unless it was a punishment.