Chapter Ten : Patrolling Throught The Night

⬆️This is one of my fav songs to jam out to so please enjoy ✋😩

Y/n's POV:

Today was the day that I had been dreading the most. The first Prefect duty with Percy.

And he wasn't exactly subtle about it his hate for it either though. I had heard him to complain about it to his roommates during Breakfast the other day, as if I somehow became magically deaf overnight and I couldn't possibly hear him. Let alone glaring at me during Transfiguration class last week. Could he make his hate for me any more obvious?!

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my patience was about the size of a grain of rice when it came to him. He was just so- so.... insufferable! 

But during all my complaints about the situation, my friends had managed to remind me that if he because rude or horrible to me at any second, I could simply waltz over to McGonigall and get this whole thing sorted.

But I still wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

It was the end of the day and George, Fred, Lee, Aria and I all sat at the Griffindoor table like we always did, just in time for Dinner. I was picking at the food on my plate and angrily shoving a peice into my mouth accasionally.

"Y/n you need to eat some more. If you only take a bite every twenty minutes you'll be hungry within ten minutes after Dinner is over, but then you can't get any more food." George pointed out.

"Yeah come on Y/n, we know you. I don't want to hear you complaining about how hungry you are, ok?" Aria added.

"Fine." I shoved all the rest of the food from my plate into my mouth and swallowed. I was finished within seconds.

They all gave me looks of confusion and worry but didn't ask me anything, not wanting to anger me. I sighed. "I'm sorry guys I'm just really on edge today."

"It's ok but please try to keep your anger aimed at Percy, not us. You're scary when you're mad." Fred chuckled nervously, afraid that he would set me off again.

"Fred, it's fine seriously. You don't need to be scared of me, we're not the ones in a fight right now are we?"

"True. But seriously, you can be really scary when you want to be."

I laughed. "I'll keep that in mind the next time you guys decide to pull a prank on me."

Suddenly, all the food vanished from the tables and people's plates. Dumbledoor stood up on the podium to declare the feast over and that today's Prefect's should now meet up and get their rounds done.

My expression visibly stiffened at the statement. And as we got up to leave, Aria and the rest of my friends gave me a sympathetic pat on the shoulder before walking of to their Dormatries.

I sighed, deeply frustrated, and waited by the hallway for Percy to arrive.

I had been waiting for about five minutes before a figure walked over. I had assumed that it was Percy and mentally prepared myself only to be met with the kind expression of Callum.

"Hey Y/n just came to wish you good luck." He smiled.

"Thanks but aren't you not allowed to be out here at this time? You know I can deduct house points for that Mr. Thomas." There was a moment of silence before we both burst out laughing.

"Ok, ok, I've got to go now before actual points are taken off but I'll see you in class tomorrow, ok?" He said.

"Yeah of course I just pray you don't forget to do your homework this time." He chuckled and waved at me before he walked away.

"I don't think it's very appropriate for you to be talking to other students during Prefect rounds Y/l/n." Percy suddenly appeared out of no where.

"Yeah and I don't think it's very professional of you to show up late with a forgotten Prefect Badge so..." I quipped back.

"Touché."

"Let's just get this over with." I sighed.

The next few hours where spent in almost complete silence with the accasional house points deducted when a student was caught doing something they shouldn't. This was mostly students trying to pull a prank, sneeking out to have a kiss or just wandering out after dark out of boredom. So really nothing new.

We where standing in a hallway in hopes to catch another student in the act, when suddenly Percy blurted out, "What's your problem with me?"

"What?" I asked.

"I said what's your problem with me like why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you I just find you insufferable."

"That doesn't answer my question."

I sighed. "I don't know why you're asking me this when you where the one who had always horrible towards me even since day one. I was nice to you, I tried to introduce myself but you quickly shut me down and everytime I tried to say something or get a conversation started you where rude. Of course I'm not going to like you, what do you think? And you've done nothing in-between now and then to even try to apologise or at least act civil. That's why, happy?"

"What I- I didn't realise that's why you hated me."

"Yeah well, maybe if you got your head out of your own ass more often, you could find what was actually going on."

"I didn't mean to hurt you in that way I just thought-"

"Thought what? That your words didn't affect me? Come on Percy think for Merlin's sake. Of course your words affect me I'm human. I'm not some stone wall or something ok? It doesn't matter how long ago it was, these things still have huge affects on people's lives. Now go and pick your jaw of the floor. Our duties are over for today."

"I don't- I'm sorry." He wispered.

"Yeah well, that could have been said years ago. It's too late now." I turned back to face him. "Word of advice Weasley, know that the things you say hurt. So I suggest, keeping those thoughts and ideas about someone to yourself. Goodbye."

And with that, I walked away.

Word count: 1065