Reader x Ace.

-AN-
Ok, I know I do a lot of ace x readers, but I had a great idea for this one. However, I had no idea for a title. This fan fiction is about how I think ace would've died in modern day. So sorry for the angst you'll feel, but here we go.

You were walking out of the restaurant you and your boyfriend Ace, had previously been eating at. It was a lovely meal to celebrate the anniversary of the day you met, and you couldn't be happier.

Ace was making you laugh as you walked through the town centre, it was dark and deathly quiet, but with Ace around, you didn't mind.... as much.

You were almost nearing the parking lot his car was at, when a man, clad all in black, leaped out. When he pulled a knife from his jacket, Ace immediately pushed you behind him.

You were scared, and you wanted to stand by Ace's side, but you knew how overly protective he was of you. He wouldn't allow anything to hurt you.

All you could register was a lot of shouting and threatening from both males, when suddenly, all went silent. The offending man's eyes widening as he took a few steps back, knife clattering to the floor.

Of course, being behind Ace, you didn't see what happened. When suddenly, Ace coughed, and you could just make out spots of blood painting the floor.

Suddenly registering the situation, you felt rage tear through you at an uncharted scale.

"GET OUT OF HERE, NOW! BEFORE I KILL YOU MYSELF!"

You scream, tears in your eyes as you pick up the knife and point it at him. He immediately begins backing up, and running away. Now sobbing, you drop the knife again, and turn to see Ace clutching his chest on his hands and knees.

You kneel before him, and sit him back. Your right hand supporting his back, the left placed tightly on the wound just above his heart.

"Ace, baby, hold on. It'll be ok."

You reassure, before turning and screaming out as loudly as you can,

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE, QUICKLY!"

Your eyes scan the area, when you see a woman looking at you with concerned eyes from a shop window. By the looks of things, she had just locked up. She had a phone pressed to her right ear.

"(Y-y/n)."

Ace sputters, and you look back at him. Hushing him quickly, before you take off your jacket and press it to his chest. Apologising as he whimpers in pain.

Ace surprises you with a crooked smile.

"A-at least, I'll die, having protected you..."

You shake your head, tears streaming down your face.

"You won't die, don't say that! Hang on, Ace!"

Both of you let out a sob.

"You know...that he's severed an artery...don't you? I won't.... make it...."

You shake your head again, lifting one of his hands to your cheek, kissing his Palm and rubbing your head against it.

"Dont go. Don't leave me, please..."

Silence.

"Ace?"

Nothing.

"Ace?! Ace, wake up!"

You cry out, dropping his hand and shaking him violently. Nothing. He wouldn't react.... he couldn't react. You sat there screaming his name until the ambulance came, two of them having to grab your shoulders and tug you back.

You feel arms wrap around you, and pull you into a hug. Gasping, you look up and see your close friend, Law, giving you a pitied look. He was wearing one of the fluorescent medical uniforms. Sobbing again, you hugged him close.

You watched, still crying, as they load Ace on to a stretcher, a white sheet covering his form, as they load him into the back of the ambulance....

-AN-
IM SO SORRY!