─ ⁰⁹. MESSRS. PRONGSLET, PARSON, AND MS. DAME

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗 *•. ┄┄

𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

—by order of—
The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.
An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to reform may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed:

Dolores Umbridge
high inquisitor

Hermione groaned and let her head fall on Ron's shoulder as the trio read the message on Monday morning. Of course, she knew what would happen but it was still annoying the crap out of her, like an inconvenient fire drill on a hot day or one of those wobbly tables that never stay in place.

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" one of the second years in front of them asked anxiously and Hermione couldn't help to frown. There was a Gobstones Club? There were clubs? Why did she never hear about them?

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly, making the second-year jump. "I don't think we're going to be as lucky, though, do you?" he asked Harry and Hermione as the second years hurried away.

"This isn't a coincidence," Harry said through gritted teeth. "She knows."

"She can't," said Ron at once.

"There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust. . . . Any of them could have run off and told Umbridge. . . ."

"Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "Or—I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too—"

"For fucks sake, Ron, what's the big deal about your sister dating someone?" Hermione huffed, rolling her eyes.